14 | Lifeless

It's been about 40 minutes since the breach began. The loudness of the alarms didn't bother me anymore, but listening to the same alarms for 40 minutes nonstop... it was driving me insane.

About five minutes earlier, a different person on the intercom announced that SCPs 079, 173, 049-J and 096 breached. In that exact order, after 035 and 049. Apparently, 079 interfered with the earlier announcement, causing it to be cut off. 131 apparently returned to their containment as soon as the containment breach began.

I stay on my bed, watching the room flash with the red lights. The door wouldn't budge, so there's no use trying. Reading kind of hurt in low light, and it was hard to focus on reading anyway. So I resorted to watching the lights to pass the time.

Red. Blank. Red. Blank.

I'd imagine Ella is somewhere out there, taking down the breached SCPs with one of those fireworks. It'd be hilarious. What is it with immortality, anyway? She can still die, and then they bring them back with a Class D. So, what does death feel like to her? Is it like sleeping?

Perhaps that's why she doesn't like immortality. Maybe, whenever they get brought nack to life, it's the equivalent of getting interrupted during a nice nap.

I'd be mad, too.

Red. Blank. Red. Blank.

Where is Glass? I hope he's okay. Eleanor will come out fine, that is, either she lives or another human sacrifice is made, but Glass said he's at a high risk of dying. I... should've convinced him to get in my cell and stay here with me.

Red. Blank. Red. Blank.

I notice that D-Class tend to be handled more harshly. Are they like me, but less anomalous? Are they the more violent part of the Foundation who will test the SCPs' reflexes? Are they just... test subjects? I just realised that they call one another actual names but the scientists and guards here call them by the numbers printed on their shirts.

Red. Blank. Red. Blue.

How many SCPs even are there? I know there's at least 173 of them, and my designation doesn't give me an answer because it's an alphabet-

Wait.

I snap to attention, staring at the floor. The red flashing lights continued, but a neon blue also illuminated the ground.

Blue. Did something happen, requiring this light? Is someone simply confirming I'm still here with a blue light?

I looked up to a camera. It was glowing blue... though, I knew the cameras don't shine blue when they were working. They always looked identical to when they were powered off.

The camera turned and I jumped. It just continued staring at me, and I attempted to hide myself with my blanket.

The door opened.

I look at the door, and then back at the camera. Somehow, I knew this was its doing. Cameras aren't alive though, are they?

"Leave."

I jumped. I look around, when I heard the voice again. A monotonous voice through the speakers in my room. "You can leave."

Then it hit me. It was the camera speaking, and I slowly stood from my bed, putting my blanket on it.

As I moved out of my containment chamber, the camera lost its blue glow. I think whatever it was, left me. I look at the cameras in the observation room, where Dr. Bright stays and where Dr. Glass talked with me, but the cameras did not come to life.

Guess I'm alone now.

I walk through the door, leading out of my area. I turn to look for any cameras, only to see a poster next to the door.