6.ARC | Reinforcements

MTF Village Idiots "Morons" Commander's POV

"Remind me why we're capturing SCP-XYZ before we have properly observed its behaviour and abilities?" "Dr Bright taught the entity how to use fireworks." "Man, fuck you, 963."

A man, wearing a green jacket and brown pants, immediately turned to face Harold. We didn't need to look at his face to tell that he was pissed. "It's Dr Jack Bright." He started. He holds up SCP-963 in his right hand. "This," he waves the amulet around for emphasis, dangerously close to the Private's face. "is SCP-963. Learn the fucking difference, thank you."

Harold scoffed. "Yeah, yeah, whatever."

I stare at him, making him flinch. "Yeah, I'll just see myself out."

"Out of everyone, I never expected my co-workers to disrespect me like that." Bright throws his hands up in frustration, 963 bouncing on his neck as he dropped the amulet. "I'm not the damn anomaly! I'm being held captive by the stupid amulet! The fuck am I supposed to do? Die and neutralise it? Fuckin' assholes!"

I sigh. "Now, Bright. You can complain to Glass about Harold after we capture SCP-XYZ." "Fuck Glass." "I- yeah uh- what we need from you is to provide us with necessary information that relate to capturing it and containing it. You said the thing has stated that it has been living in isolation for at least 300 years?" "That is correct, Captain."

Lieutenant Reese turned to me. "It'll most likely be hostile to us when we come at it with guns." He looks at Bright. "Have you seen or heard about any dangerous abilities it may have?" "No. Also, I don't think it know what a gun even is. The thing's ancient, I tell you."

"Bright, you used a flamethrower while the anomaly was next to you. I think it'll associate the structure of guns with flamethrowers."

"Fuck off."

One of the new recruits, Private Anne, was staring directly at Bright. "The hell you starin' at?!"

She shifted her weight to her other foot, glancig away from Bright. "Why are we letting... him... assist in SCP-XYZ's containment?"

"'Cause they're scared the entire MTF team will be overpowered by an 049 clone, that's why." "Bright, we are doing nearly the same thing we did when we captured 049 - disguise as police officers and raid a house regarding several disappearances, this time fabricated because there are no real disappearances. And due to the fact that it does the oppossite of what 049 does when you come into direct skin contact with it... I don't think we'll have much trouble. We just need you in case it gets hostile, you're the only one who it trusts the most."

I hear my radio go on. "Hang on, think we're getting the signal."

I hold my radio to my ear. "This is Village Idiots codename "Morons", over." "Myron be warned, subject is approaching the house. Two surveillance drones that have been following the anomaly have been taken out via fireworks. It will arrive in approximately 5-7 minutes. Over."

I deadpanned to Dr Bright, the rest of my squad watching me. "Why did I just learn that two of our drones got taken out by fireworks? How many did you give it?"

"...twelve."

It's my turn to throw my hands up in the air. "God damn it, this could be a lot harder!" "What? We already evacuated the whole neighbourhood, they won't notice a damn thing!"

Private Frank was the next to say something. "Well, the entire neighbourhood had rumours about the anomaly appearing during construction of this place... and did you forget that fireworks... explode? We can get killed by a firework."

"In my defence, I didn't know you assholes would try to contain them so early!" "We gave you permission to hide your amulet - already a violation of the special containment procedures - to build trust with the anomaly to gain necessary information from it for safely capturing and containing it. You were not allowed to teach it how to use a flamethrower and fireworks." "Well the Council never told me to not do so!" "Where the hell did you get a flamethrower anyway...?"

I hear my radio again. "Subject is approximately four minutes from arrival. Morons, prepare for its arrival. Clods, follow the anomaly. Do your best to not get spotted. Dr Bright, you are now permitted to hide SCP-963. Do not show yourself to the anomaly unless permitted to do so."

My team starts moving towards the door as Bright tucks the amulet into his jacket, hiding behind the couch. "This will be interesting."