21.TBU | A Different Somebody

A/N: Decanonised because there is no way I can rewrite this, as it solely focuses on a characteristic of SCP-963.

The door opens, and I look up in anticipation.

"Hey, Y/N!"

I narrow my eyes as an unfamiliar researcher stepped through the door. Considering what had occured with Dr. Sherman just a few hours, I was definitely not in the mood to meet a new researcher.

"Whew, that took a long time. Glass is up my ass about writing the report on why we now have one D-boy missing despite it being under a month. I don't feel like doing it."

"Yeah. You don't."

I glance back at the door as it slid shut. Shouldn't a guard or someone be here to inform me about this new researcher? Or perhaps I am getting questioned by yet another high-ranking researcher. I let out a shaky sigh as I gazed back at this unknown woman. "Did Sherman send you?"

Shee chuckles as she types away on her laptop, undoubtedly about the missing D-Class. "Now, why'd you think that? Sherman's assigned to another SCP, he can't just send another researcher to a completely unrelevant SCP." He pauses typing for a moment to take off her lab coat, tieing it around her waist. "It's- fucking hot in here, what the hell? Anyway, I have a higher clearance than Sherman, he has no control over me."

As I fiddled with the hem of my glove, I quickly realised something.

"I can't tell you the details, but his death led to him being tied to this medallion. Whoever comes in direct skin contact is replaced by Dr. Bright, but he must change bodies every month to avoid having multiple copies of himself."

I look back at the researcher. "Could you turn around?"

"Why, wanna admire how steaming hot my host is?" I sigh. "No? C'mon just like, for 5 seconds."

"Fine."

She turns around, and I spotted the unnatural glow of the ruby medallion. "Oh, thank god. It's just you, but why are you in a female host?"

"We don't have anymore male D-boys."

"That's not true."

"It is."

"There's at least four male D-boys alive."

"I'm not kidding."

"Come on, Bright. We both know you're a lieing bastard. What's the truth?"

She puts her hands up, exasperated. "Fine! I was given a male host but I wanted to spite Glass so I entered Class-D Containment and threw the medallion at the first vaguely female figure I saw." "How does this spite Glass?"

He chuckles. "New body." "I meant the female part." "The body."

I swiftly turned away from the observation window. "You're weird, Bright." "I know I am! Why would I still be working for the Foundation if I weren't?"

"What if you were not restricted by over 200 rules of weird, oddly specific shit that you can't do, huh? You probably can't do some things your colleagues can even if they're just Level 1 Juniors."

He let out a "hmph" as I smiled to myself. "Anyway, I was suspicious of you because some Researcher decided to barge in here and pretended to be all high-and-mighty, and didn't believe me when I answered his questions with the complete and utter truth." My smile faded as I remembered his steely glare. "His creepy ass stare is haunting me"

"...Dr. Sherman?"

I turned back to Dr. Bright in surprise. "How did you know?"

"His stare is particularly known to both freak people out and keep them in line. He thought you were lieing and decided scaring the shit out of you was the best approach." She leans back in her chair. "It's not," she whispered loudly, "he just despises anything that reminds him even barely of 049."

I giggled at that comment. "Jesus, what on Earth did 049 do to him? Kill his family?" "You're actually close! He "cured" one of his closest friends and he went fucking apeshit over it! The only thing standing between him and 049 is being overshadowed by the Head Researcher for him; he's only the co-Head!"

"Huh, tell me all about that!"

"Maybe I will if I won't get demoted for it. Want to make a nonfunctioning XP farm in Minecraft?"

"AGAIN?"