ii. the eldest's wrath

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘰: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘭𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵'𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘩

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: MaddieEtter
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: The Lost Girl

❝ 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘧𝘪𝘳𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘪𝘴𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘴𝘦 𝘦𝘺𝘦𝘴. ❞

     "YOU SHOULD HAVE CALLED us, beautiful boy," Lena berates even as the smile stays spread across her face. "We all have mobile phones now, and you have both of our phone numbers."

     Michael chuckles, bumping his forehead against hers. "I wanted to surprise you, Miss Lena." His brown eyes turn to David. "Well, surprise both of you."

     David rolls his eyes and shoves the brunet as best he can in the hug. "Asshole."

     Whispers start up around the three of them, the hair on the back of her neck standing on its end and a sickening sensation curling in the pit of her stomach. Pulling herself free of the hug, Lena turns and looks behind her, making sure to keep both the boys behind her and refusing to let David step in front of her when he realises there's someone standing only a few metres behind them. A growl resonates in Michael's chest at the look in the newcomer's eyes, and Lena knows that tonight will not be as simple as it should have been.

     Not removing her gaze from them, Lena walks over to the light-haired male, trying so very hard to not either kill them where they stand or pull them into a bone-crushing hug. It's always been chaotic and conflicting when it comes to this boy; someone who always seemed to act on pure whim without caring who got hurt in the long-run, a blue-eyed beauty that looks far too innocent for the devilish acts that Lena has known him to pull.

     "What are you doing here, Nikolay?"

     He raises a cheeky eyebrow, lips quirking up slightly in a smile. "Can't I come see my sister without questions being asked?"

     Lena rolls her eyes before giving him a disbelieving stare. "Like hell you're here just to see me. What's the real reason?"

     Nikolay raises his hands in surrender, his smile widening. "Okay, yeah, I'm also here to see this apparently dangerous coven that has the oldest of us as their leader. That's it. I swear it on our Damyan, Krasimira."

     "Such brave words, dear brother. You best not have ulterior motives, or..."

     Uncaring of the humans watching, a grin splits Lena's face and she speeds towards Nikolay, her clawed hand encasing his throat as she shoves him against the closest pillar holding the covering of the boardwalk above their heads. The light-haired boy in Lena's grasp lets out an involuntary whine of submission, attempting to bare his neck but unable to do so as she tightens her hold, his blue eyes bleeding into gold.

     David and Michael are by Lena's side in an instant, both extremely on edge and about ready to lose control of themselves with the arrival of Nikolay. The boy in question's eyes flicker to the pair, temporarily confused at the murderous look in both their eyes, before returning his gaze to Lena, crystal clear realisation in their gold depths, not a hint of mockery to be seen riding alongside his understanding.

     "You've Sired," Nikolay murmurs, shock trickling through his voice. "After everything, you've actually Sired — and not just one, but two pretty strong ones."

     "Mind what you say, Nikolay," Lena warns him in their mother tongue, feeling the confusion traverse the Bond between herself, David, and Michael with their lack of understanding. "My boys know little of the torture you, Damyan, and I faced — and I would rather like to keep it that way for as long as possible."

     "Why have you not told them? Surely they need to know why their Sire—"

     "Quiet, brother. Mind your tongue before I remove it."

     David's gloved hand rests on the wrist of Lena's hand pinning Nikolay, a silent way of telling her to let the light-haired boy go. "Doll, this isn't the best place for a family reunion."

     "I'll grab some food and meet you back home, yeah?" Michael offers, an undercurrent of urgency and borderline authority in his young voice. It's almost like he's urging his lovers to return home before a full-on fight can break out. "David, make sure Lena gets there safely."

     If Nikolay is thrown off by the way Lena's boys take on the role of leader so easily, his face refuses to show it, and it makes her sigh out a gust of stale air, releasing her brother's throat and stepping back into waiting arms. Michael rests his forehead against Lena's for a few seconds before walking off into the crowd of humans, a relaxed grin on his face now that he's back in familiar territory and knows that he can do what he pleases without repercussions from anyone but Lena — and maybe sometimes David if he's feeling antagonistic.

     The bleach-blond takes her hand in his and begins to walk away, leaving Lena little choice but to follow behind her first Sired. Her hand instinctively reaches back for the boy behind her, but Lena can't help the shock that covers her face when Nikolay actually takes hold and follows them. Looking over at her older twin brother, Lena notices the shy smile that has appeared on his face, and her shock fades into contentment when it finally clicks that Nikolay's actually there by her side again.

     Forever sunken in the ground, the resort hotel has remained their home for almost a century and may well remain so for yet another century — if the collapsed structure remains sturdy. The lobby is tidier than it's been before, and that makes Lena wonder whether Michael made a quick detour home before heading to the boardwalk. For an immortal teenage male, he is a relatively tidy person in comparison to David and Lena herself.

     Nikolay looks around with thinly disguised awe, a smile spreading across his lips when he spots the loft of pigeons far above their heads, his eyes almost sparkling as he spots the haphazard and handmade windchimes and décor spread around the room. The smile is quick to vanish when he sees the folded piles of tattered and patchwork clothes sitting atop an old display cabinet, the material long since covered in layers of dust that dull the once colourful clothes. 

     "It seems as though you've been through hell, dear sister," Nikolay murmurs, his ancient eyes betraying the sadness he's feeling. "I wish I could have spared you from it."

     Lena looks over at the piles of clothes belonging to Dwayne, Paul, and Marko, a nostalgic smile curling her lips up. "The boys should still be here with us today, but it didn't go to plan a decade ago. We lost them and gained Michael in one night. You would have loved them, Nikolay, so very much."