xx. epilogue

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺: 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘭𝘰𝘨𝘶𝘦

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: mangos10118
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: Madness |LOST BOYS|

❝ 𝘤𝘳𝘺, 𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳! (𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘢𝘭𝘭) ❞

     IN THE END, THE Lost Boys outgrew their childish tendencies. In the end, Peter Pan and his Shadow grew up. In the end, Captain Hook and his merry band of pawns were eradicated. In the end, Tinkerbell's jealousy was forfeited and she vanished. And, in the end, Wendy Darling flew away.

     Or, at least, that's what they want you to believe.

     It's true about Tinkerbell, but what they don't tell you is that she stole a Lost Boy and took him away from Neverland when she vanished. That Lost Boy really did grow up, raised by the jealous and deceptive fairy, and taught to despise that which he once was.

     Peter Pan and his Shadow never outgrew their gluttonous ways, wanting to add more to their Lost Boys. In saying that, the rag-tag group of immortals gained more than just four more Lost Boys on top of their returning three — they gained two Lost Girls. Peter Pan and his Shadow's tribe of lost souls became larger than ever, and not even they could deny such a thing.

     Truth be told, Captain Hook gave more trouble than he was worth. His merry band of pawns defected and became Lost Boys, leaving the cretin scrambling for something to latch his hooks into and use as a shield.

     Wendy Darling stayed with Peter Pan, his Shadow, and all their Lost Boys and Lost Girls. She accepted her role as their mother; their eternal leader, with Peter Pan and his Shadow at her side for all eternity. There was never a reason for her to fret, not while she had found a home in Neverland amongst the wild group it housed.

     All is never as it seems, or what others believe it to be. Here's the truth of their story:

     Krasimira was born in what is now known as Ancient Mesopotamia, the younger sister to Damyan and Nikolay, and daughter to Naram-Sin. They were forced into the dark life of vampires after Krasimira's and Nikolay's seventeenth birthday, and she then spent the next two hundred years being maliciously tortured by her father and his distant cousin, Adamen. She was rescued by her brothers and Xander, Damyan's one and only Sired — and then she was forced to kill her oldest brother to save him from the feral animal he became.

     Almost four thousand years passed before Lena found a place to call home; before she found someone she could even consider building a home with. David was only fourteen when they met in the mid-1700's, and it took four short years for her to Turn him into a creature of the night. He was full of joy and life despite the hell his father put him through after his mother disappeared when David was only nine, and it was on the night he would have died that Lena did the unthinkable and Turned him.

     Unsurprisingly, it was his father that David killed to complete his change.

     They found Dwayne maybe two decades later, persecuted for being of mixed blood by his father's people; White Supremacists under the belief that he would curse the earth they walked upon. He accepted David's offer to Turn when Lena was out hunting, and she returned to find a bloody massacre in the town square. They ran that night, chasing the promise of an accepting life away from mortality and their morality.

     Paul was the next they found, choking on his own blood from a human disease in the late 1800's, and he was, oddly enough, the hardest to convince. He fought against Lena and David's offer for weeks, opting to tear the lining of his lungs and throat from coughing and hacking, his body steadily growing weaker as time passed. In the end, he accepted and David Turned him, but he was quick warn David and Lena that they would be taking on his life as their burden without reprieve.

     Truthfully, it was Paul who found Marko a just over decade later, the younger blond beaten to a bloody pulp by children at his school when they discovered his slight inclination towards the male gender. It shouldn't come as a surprise that they were the ones he slaughtered once he accepted the Turn a short year after meeting Lena, David, Dwayne, and Paul, and joined his Brothers in the night.

     They made their home the recently sunken hotel in Santa Carla, knowing that the boardwalk they were planning would allow for plentiful food. What they did not plan on was Max following them to the beachside town and setting up his own residence; buying a small plot on the boardwalk and opening up a VHS store. He let them in on his delusional plan to create a "perfect family" with them, scouting the town until he found the perfect prospects — those of which did not live long enough to taste the vampire's blood.

     The seventies rolled around, bringing Star and Laddie into their lives in quick succession of the other, already half-breeds by the stench that filled the sunken hotel. They could do nothing but watch and wait, and try to figure out a way to be rid of the pseudo Head Vampire. But it was a dull decade with little hope of escaping his delusional clutches.

     Of all families to move into Santa Carla, the Emerson family came in 1987, and Lena knew that this was going to be their chance to make it out of Max's control or die trying — in which their deaths would be their freedom. Then she met Michael, and she just knew that there'd be no way in hell of Lena letting Max sink his claws into the oldest Emerson son — she had to claim his as her own before anything truly horrible could befall him.

     Lena did, and their plan came to fruition. Max died; Lena sent Dwayne, Paul, and Marko in search of other vampires to help them when the time came that Adamen set foot in Santa Carla, under the guise that they were dead; and Michael became one of the Coven of his own volition.

     They survived for a decade before Adamen came; before they discovered he was Michael's biological father; and before she tortured and killed him. They survived, but not without new sets of scars. Our old scars began to heal with the return of Dwayne, Paul, and Marko, and they fully healed with Nikolay, Xander, Nadine, Percy, Lottie, and August becoming part of the Coven.

     There's more to their story, but this suffices for now.

     After all, you're going to meet once again.

     And it shall be for the final time.

    Until then, dear ones...