vii. desperate for freedom

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘳𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘰𝘮

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: 1987vampire
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: black roses | The Lost Boys (1987)

❝ 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦, 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘵𝘰 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳! (𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘥𝘪𝘦) ❞

MESOPOTAMIA — UR III PERIOD
2033 BCE

     THE DOOR IS PULLED open, uncaring of the late afternoon sun that shines in and burns her skin, flames coming to life on her body. Hissing in pain, Krasimira doesn't give them the pleasure of showing the true extent of their mocking torture, but also knowing that it doesn't compare to that of high noon's sunlight. Glaring up at them through matted brown hair, Krasimira can't help but scoff at the youthful face peering down at her with contempt, his predecessor no doubt having met an untimely end at her father's hand last night.

     "Fresh blood," Krasimira mocks the young male as the door closes and he descends the stairs, a wry smile stretching her cracked and dry lips. "How adorable. Did the last one outlive his usefulness, huh?"

     The boy's glazed-over eyes stare at her. "I suspect that must be the case, otherwise I would not have been chosen for this task."

     "You're just another fucking puppet with no mind of your own. There's been so many before you, and there will be so many after you. I wonder, will it be me who kills you, or will it be my beloved father?"

     "It matters not. You are here because you sacrificed yourself for your brothers; you're considered to be weak in the eyes of Naram-Sin. Your humanity is your downfall."

     Krasimira laughs humourlessly, unbothered by the words she knows to be true above all else. The only reason for her being in this cell, in this state, is to keep her father from going after Damyan and Nikolay and introducing them to the same malicious torture and torment that Lena has endured for almost two hundred years. She won't crumble under her father's whims, and she refuses to give up on the humanity still dwelling within whatever remains of her soul.