iv. for our survival

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘳: 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘴𝘶𝘳𝘷𝘪𝘷𝘢𝘭

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: DAYDREAMER820
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: The Lost Boys - Lost In The Shadows.

❝ 𝘪𝘮𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘵𝘢𝘭 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘷𝘰𝘪𝘤𝘦 𝘴𝘰 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳. ❞

     NIKOLAY ENDS UP STAYING during the daylight hours, and his confusion is justified as he watches David and Michael follow Lena into the almost caved-in hallway just after sunrise. Before he gets the chance to ask just why it is the boys don't leave her side, Lena sends her older twin brother a warning look to tell him now really isn't the best time to ask questions. At her look, it's as though he makes a connection, because his expression darkens and he looks around the sunken hotel warily.

     With her brother's arrival, it's no surprise that Lena cannot sleep with ease even with David and Michael curled up by her sides, Lena's mind constantly replaying that which she desperately wishes she could forget. The bitter contempt and malevolence that the few vampires that existed back then held for Lena and her brothers. The way they would try to erase what remained of their humanity through the use of sunlight and holy water, burning away at their flesh; their inability to heal due to starvation and borderline petrification.

     "You're too human... Forget! You're a disgrace to all vampires!"

     Night seems to come far quicker than usual, and the slight chill in the air warns of the oncoming winter; a partial reason to the shortening day, but Lena's lack of ability to sleep no doubt played a part in it. She leaves David and Michael to sleep past sundown, the pair seeming more drained than usual, and head out into the lobby, lighting the drums and putting out food for the roosting pigeons.

     Tonight will no doubt cause a further recollection of unwanted memories pertaining to when Nikolay, Damyan, and Lena were still human millennia ago, living under the rule of a tyrant. Tonight will no doubt bring forth questions that she has put off answering for the past ten years despite Michael's ever-present curiosity, and Lena doubts that David will want to stop his Sire Brother from asking questions this time. Tonight will be the one in which Lena tells the boys all she is currently willing to divulge.