xviii. rehabilitate the hotel

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘳𝘦𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘭𝘪𝘵𝘢𝘵𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘩𝘰𝘵𝘦𝘭

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: lazylangdon
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: 𝐃𝐄𝐕𝐈𝐋 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 ★彡 ᵈᵃᵛⁱᵈ

❝ 𝘮𝘺 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘳𝘪-𝘭𝘢𝘴, 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯'𝘵 𝘧𝘰𝘳𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘸𝘦𝘳𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘦. ❞

     "YOU RECKON THIS IS gonna hold, doll?" David asks from where he's hovering just below the ceiling, holding the chandelier steady while Dwayne screws it into the new fixture.

     Pushing hair out of her face, Lena stares up at the duo, a grin stretching across her face. "Of course it is! I didn't take a decade worth of night classes in the forties on refurbishing old buildings to not retain the knowledge to re-attach a damn light!"

     Michael laughs as he walks past with a tub full of junk, looking up at his Brothers. "You should know not to doubt Lena by now, David."

     Nikolay snorts and carries one of the couches outside, Xander grinning as he picks up the other couch and follows the blond male. From up in the alcoves where Star and Laddie used to sleep, August throws the old mattresses down to Lottie and Percy — before he whoops and divebombs them, the triad screeching and laughing. Paul and Marko laugh wildly and run around the foyer, playing a twisted game of tag as they throw all material worth burning into the fire drums.

     Lena looks over at Nadine and shakes her head, the brown-haired girl laughing as they lift the broken concrete pieces of the foyer's fountain centrepiece from the base, pieces of broken glass crunching beneath their shoes. Looking around the increasingly clean hotel foyer, Lena knows that they wouldn't be able to do this without the help they are receiving from Nikolay, Xander, Nadine, Percy, Lottie, and August. Even for five vampires, rehabilitating this entire hotel enough to house a decent Coven would have been close to impossible with the amount that needed to be done — but they have got all that they need now.