xvii. clarifying the past

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘤𝘭𝘢𝘳𝘪𝘧𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘢𝘴𝘵

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Lil_Red_Warlock
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: Killer Queen | The Lost Boys

❝ 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘣𝘳𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳! (𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭) ❞

     WITH THEIR SIRE DEAD, Percy, Lottie, and August become boneless in the arms of those holding them back. Nikolay releases Percy and lowers the shorter male to the concrete roller skate rink floor, the younger male's conflicted eyes staring at the corpse of his malevolent Sire. Nadine and Xander release their prisoners, Lottie and August, and the latter two find the ground beneath them easier to sit than stand upon. The shadows stare warily at the three vampires, on edge and prepared to hold them back if they decide to get revenge on their Sire.

     "It's alright, boys," Lena assures them, not missing how David's back straightens and he stares at the shadowed figures. "Anyway, I believe that it's about time for you to come back into the world of the living. What do you say?"

     The confused expression on David's face drops in an instant, replaced with conflicting disbelief and horror as his brothers step into the moonlight. Standing right in front of him are Dwayne, Paul, and Marko, cheeky smiles on the blonds' faces as they watch their Sire's reaction. Dwayne, on the other hand, simply smiles, no hint of mockery or cheekiness hidden within its innocent depths. Michael blinks and rubs his eyes, his mind trying to figure out just how three supposedly dead vampires are standing in front of them.

     The Boys crow with delight when David drags them into a crushing hug, his body trembling as he clings to them like a lifeline. Michael abandons his post by his father's melting corpse and walks over to Lena, wrapping his right arm around her shoulders and pulling her in close. It's only then that Lena realises there are tears burning her eyes and running down her face, clearing small lines amidst the spray of blood on her face. Instead of pushing Michael away, Lena slips her left arm around his back and reaches up to hold his right hand in hers, resting her blood covered head on his dark shirt.