iii. nostalgic mind games

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦: 𝘯𝘰𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘨𝘪𝘤 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘨𝘢𝘮𝘦𝘴

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: Kaylakuy
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: Chained Temptation {The Lost Boys Fanfic}

❝ 𝘣𝘭𝘢𝘤𝘬 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘳𝘰𝘤𝘬, 𝘣𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘣𝘰𝘺𝘴 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘦. ❞

     MICHAEL HUMS LENA'S LULLABY as he walks down the haphazard walkway, a cardboard tray of Chinese takeaway in his hands and a trail of drying blood running from the corner of his mouth to his chin. David snickers at his messy Sire Brother and twists his fingers into Michael's jacket, pulling the younger vampire down to the bleach-blond's level, clearing away the blood with a swipe of his tongue before releasing the curly-haired brunet and pinching a container of noodles from the boy.

     The brunet bends down to press his forehead to Lena's where she's sitting on the fountain, his humming fading into silence, and allows her to pick a takeaway container at random - which ends up being rice, much to both of her Sired's amusements. Nikolay is handed one of the remaining containers, smiling his thanks as he opens the container, his smile widening when he sees the chicken. Michael plops down between Lena's legs on the ground, content to rest his head against her knee while eating his own takeaway container of what looks to be pork — or rather demented looking beef.

     Although they looked to be relaxed, both David and Michael are on high alert, not entirely certain what to think about Nikolay — which Lena cannot fault either of them for. While her brother is the physical epitome of innocence with his light hair and blue eyes, there's an air of chaos and insanity about him that contradicts such an innocent appearance. That being said, he's definitely not the most loose cannon in the family, and Lena highly doubts that he ever will be while she still walks this planet.

     "You change your name or something, Krasimira?" Nikolay asks curiously, popping a piece of chicken into his mouth. "Or did the New World decide to christen you with a new one?"

     Lena laughs slightly at the teasing. "It's been centuries, Nikolay, of course I've used other names. Although, in saying that, I have been using 'Kathleen' for... How long now?"

     David pauses with his chopsticks halfway to his mouth, some noodles falling back into the container as he thinks. "You were going by either 'Katherine' or 'Kathleen' when I met you back in the early 1700's, so it's been a while. You started using 'Lena' about...half a century ago now, around the time we found Paul."

     "Hmm, yeah, sounds about right."

     Michael shifts slightly, his shoulder bumping Lena's leg. "You told me Max called you something else as well. Kathleen Ulric... something."

     Nikolay's eyes widen and he jolts up in his seat. "Kathleen Ulric Audovera. You're fucking with me right? You're the Battle Wolf?!"

     "How'd that name manage to reach your ears, brother mine?" Lena asks with a smirk, pinching some of Michael's food as she offers him some of her rice. "Even though I tried to keep a low profile, it's not surprising that word spread of me."

     "I'd be surprised if no one has heard of you after your part in that...that massacre. What was it, the 1570's?"

     "Late August, 1572, France. Catherine de Medici was quite the woman, let me tell you. She really hated the Protestants. I think there was maybe three thousand that were killed in Paris alone that day, but I'm not too sure how many ended up dying all over France." Lena pauses for a second, trying to properly recall all the casualties of that blood-filled day, but it's unusually difficult due to the frenzy she was thrown into. "Anyway, I think they call it the Massacre of Saint Bartholomew's Day or something. So many people died back then."

     Michael twists his torso to look up at Lena, a strange combination of horror and pride in his hazel-blue eyes, his lips parted as though to say something but unable to find the right words to express the strange emotions he's feeling. David stares over at Lena with his bright blue eyes, a single dark eyebrow raised in either disbelief of her claim, or questioning if Lena is in her right mind right now; the bewilderment flooding through the Bond no doubt coming majorly from the bleach-blond.

     Nikolay simply laughs and returns to his chicken, more than used to his little sister's murderous antics than he's letting on. Between him and Damyan, it's a toss up as to who is the more sinister and manipulative of the pair, and as to who left the most dead in their wake once they became fully-fledged vampires with powerful Lures. If you throw Lena into the mix, there's really no competition for who holds the most dead bodies in their wake — and that includes the siblings' own bastard father and his...delightful friends.

     The brunet between Lena's legs eventually goes back to his Chinese food, opting to leave this conversation for another time, most likely when Nikolay is not within hearing distance. The bleach-blond in his broken wheelchair eventually lowers his questioning eyebrow and returns to his noodles, amusement flickering in his eyes for a moment before a thrum of power makes the air in the room heavier.

     Michael stares down at Lena's container of wriggling rice-maggots sitting in his lap and bursts out into laughter, almost making the rice spill over the floor. "Are you going to do this every time we have Chinese, David?"

     David smirks and pulls writhing worm-noodles out of his container, the devilish glint of pure antagonistic delight in his eyes worth the almost maniacal laughter leaving his Sire Brother. "How do the maggots taste, Michael?"

     "They're delightful, you asshole."

     Lena laughs, changing the worm-noodles into snake-noodles. "Do the snakes bite, dear one?"

     The bleach-blond is confused until he looks down at his noodles, almost throwing the writhing container away before his mind catches up. "Fucking hell, doll. You haven't done that since..."

     "Since we brought Marko into the family."

• • • • • •

𝘼𝙪𝙙𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙖: (𝘎𝘦𝘳𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘖𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯) "𝘣𝘢𝘵𝘵𝘭𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘳𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘳"

𝙐𝙡𝙧𝙞𝙘: (𝘌𝘯𝘨𝘭𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘖𝘳𝘪𝘨𝘪𝘯) 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘬𝘯𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵, 𝘮𝘦𝘢𝘯𝘴 "𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧 𝘳𝘶𝘭𝘦𝘳"