xvi. roller rink showdown**

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝐂𝐑𝐘 𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐈𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑

𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯: 𝘳𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘬 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸𝘥𝘰𝘸𝘯

•------------------------------------------------------•

𝙙𝙚𝙙𝙞𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣: smellslikeirrelevant
𝙖𝙪𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛: man-eater. (the lost boys).

❝ 𝘶𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘮𝘦, 𝘴𝘪𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳! (𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘵 𝘧𝘦𝘢𝘳) ❞

𝙏𝙒: 𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨 𝙤𝙛 𝙥𝙖𝙨𝙩 𝙧*𝙥𝙚, 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙𝙖 𝙙𝙖𝙧𝙠 𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙨𝙘𝙚𝙣𝙚

     TURNING AWAY FROM MICHAEL and David, Lena walks after the others, trying to repress the guilt churning uncomfortably in her stomach. There's no easy way to complete this plan without causing those she wishes to protect any degree of pain and betrayal, and possibly a certain degree of distrust. With Adamen being revealed as Michael's father, Lena's plan has already taken an unexpected turn — and the idea of killing her Sired's father, while no doubt deserving both from what Michael's told Lena, and from her own personal experience with the man, has a certain sourness about it.

     This night was meant to be a life-saver. It was meant to lift the burdening weight that has been crushing Lena for over four thousand long years. Hell, it was meant to be her vengeance against her tormentor and second worst nightmare. It was meant to be the night they all...

     Sharply shaking her head, Lena pushes open the doors to the roller skate rink and walks inside, noting that Xander, Nadine, Percy, Lottie, and August have found themselves chairs around the skating rink, encircling Adamen where he stands inside the circular course. Huffing in dry amusement, Lena walks over and braces her hands on the entry door, glaring across the concrete distance between them, wondering why it's come to this — why this even began in the first place.

     "This isn't what I wanted, you know?" Lena says, pushing the doors open and walking over to one of her three remaining relatives — no matter how distant two may be. "I never wanted for this to end up being the only option available for us, Adamen. No matter what you did to me for over two hundred years, you're still family to me."