15 | The sad truth

-Noah-

Maya walks to the couch and a uneasy, cold feeling brushes against my skin.
I don't like where this is going. Yes, I want to know why she left and took Luna but I do I really wanna know?

I take a seat next to Maya and her eyes stay focused on the carpet floor.
"You need to understand that I wanted to protect Luna." She mutters.
"Just tell me Maya." I say back in a harsh tone. I didn't mean for it to come off that way but I'm slowly starting to get frustrated.

"I knew that with your father still being out there, he wouldn't stop until I was gone." She finally locks eyes with me.
I hiss under my breath at the thought of that fucker pushing her away from me.

"I could've-." "Don't say 'I could've protected you' because I don't care." Maya cuts me off.
"Your hatred to your father is mutual, and I couldn't have you getting hurt because of me."

I let her continue talking but I slowly drown out her voice with my own thoughts.
Has this bastard been the reason she's been running for 5 years? What kind of asshole would do this, especially to their own blood?

Maya snaps her fingers in my face. "Are you even listening to me?" "Sorry." I apologize and let her continue.

"Anyways, the night of Lunas birth, a woman came and tried to kill both of us."
I fist my hand and tug on my jeans. Someone tried to touch my daughter?

"You're just now telling me this?" I stand from the couch and face Maya.
"This happened 5 years ago!" "That doesn't change anything. You should've told me this when you came back!"

Maya stands from the couch and holds her guard in front of me.
"Don't tell me what I should and shouldn't do! I've spent the last 5 years protecting our daughter!" "You didn't have to!"

We put ourselves in this heated argument for what? Our daughter that's perfectly fine and healthy?
No, we're doing this because Maya doesn't know how to tell me things and let me take care of her.

"Why can't you understand that I didn't want to hurt you! I left because of you! I left to keep you and her safe!"
"No, you left because you wanted to protect her but leave me in the dark."

Maya leans back and crosses her arms around her chest.
"Wow. Is that really what you think?" She asks, but I remain silent.
"Your true colors are really showing now." She mutters.

Maya walks away from me, knocking my shoulder in the process.
I hear the front door open then slam shut.

I sit on the couch and cup my head in my hands, processing what happened.
I probably shouldn't have said anything. I should've left it alone.

But she didn't tell you! She should've told you that Luna was a target.
But if she's still a target?

Thank you for reading today's chapter

I'm currently in school but I took time out of my English period to write this chapter for you all, so sorry for the late update and (probably) spelling and grammar mistakes this chapter.
I barely get any time anymore to write due to homework, class, and other activities im involved in my school, but i promise to try and be more active.

I hope you enjoyed today's chapter. Stay healthy and safe, I love you babes. -R. <3

 <3