4: Big Trouble

Before we start,
can you drop a '🎈'
as an attendance?
(THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!!)

"Here add some more," Mark added some side dishes to her plate, and with gladness, she smiled and thanked him, "Thank you, Mark,".

"Feeling better?" he asked. She nodded and continue to eat some more, "Now, are you ready to tell me what happened to you and why are you quitting the job? Also, What did that big fat old man did to you?"

Jisoo rolled her eyes and let go of her chopsticks, acting as if she was annoyed. "Can you please ask it one by one?" she stated but Mark doesn't seem to be sorry because he said what he has said, no point in taking it back. He crossed his arms on his chest, signaling her to start talking, "Come on, Jisoo.. I'm all ears,".

She took a deep breath because she knows she'll be in big trouble once he knows all her problems but again, she couldn't keep it to herself forever. "First of all, I want to apologize because what I did was wrong..," Mark raised his eyebrows and eyes glued on her, giving his full attention. "I asked Mr. Jung for a raise in salary but he don't accept it. So, he gave me another option which is by his act earlier.. he wanted me to have an intimate relationship with him,"

Mark clenched his jaw and rolled his eyes away, "That bastard, I'm going to beat his ass," he slapped both of his hands to the table, showing how angry he was. "What makes him think he has a right to give you that type of option," he continues. Jisoo gulped and put her hand on his, trying to calm him down. ".. Because he knows about my secret,"

Mark remained silent, didn't even have a clue. "Is it related to Jihoon's fee?" he questioned. Jisoo again tried to hold her tears. "I'm so sorry.. Mark,". Her sudden apology made him even more confused. "What is it Jisoo? you're making me anxious,".

"A year ago, I've work as a call girl as a part-time job and it happened that Mr. Jung knew about it,". Mark's jaw dropped open. "Jisoo.. are you out of your mind?"

"What else I can think of Mark? I was desperate. My dad has some unpaid loans he left behind, Jihoon's studies fees and tuition and all stuff, the House bill, and my salary just couldn't support it all. I don't have any other way, Mark. I was desperate for help,"

Mark stays silent, trying to rethink all these new things he found out about her. It happened and nothing he could change. "...and now I'm welcoming a new member to the family," she spoke while his eyes suddenly widen. "Y-You're pregnant?".

She scoffed it off by drinking alcohol with one gulp and shake her head, "No. Jihoon impregnate his girlfriend," she sighed heavily. "That little punk just couldn't wait until he graduated or at least until he reach college,"

"You know the cost of ..," he was about to speak about the pregnancy and all but she cut her off saying, "I know, Mark and I don't dare to ask her for an abortion either since she wants to keep the baby,".

"Does her parents know?"

"I guess so? I don't give a damn shit about it. Jihoon let me be the first one to know," she closed her eyes shut. Thinking about the thought, his girlfriend will live with them adding more cost to the family. "What if Jihoon doesn't want the baby?" he asked.

"My brother must take full responsibility. He was the one who made the baby and his girlfriend want to keep it so.. he doesn't have a choice,"

"But, he's still young..,"

"And so does the girl, Mark. Jihoon's future isn't the only one affected here. Ugh, this is so messed up," she ran her fingers through her hair. "Did Joshua know about this?"

"Joshua.. he doesn't know about this at all. I don't want to make him worry about me," said Jisoo. "He's your boyfriend and you've known each other for a long time. Didn't he help you a little bit with your finances?"

"Mark, please. Do I look like I want to use his wealth for granted? He just got promoted 2 months ago,"

"Well, you should think before you drag yourself into prostitution," he remarks and it gets tense either for both of them. "Mark, I know you're mad.. but I have my reason why," he glanced away from her and sighed.

"I am super mad at you, Kim Jisoo. You should've told me earlier if you don't have a gut to tell it to Joshua. Now, you don't have a stable job, what are you going to do? Being a call girl 24/7?"

Now, Jisoo was the one who remain silent because she knows he said that out of concern. "I don't know, Mark..I feel so lost right now,".

Suddenly, the bell rings inside his head. He remembered the position that his wife was searching for a replacement but before he offered it to Jisoo, he needs to know the description of the work and rules.

It's for Jisoo's safety most importantly he needs to get her out of that part-time job of hers. For now, he shouldn't make Jisoo see herself as a disappointment.

"I'll help you out, Jisoo. I promise," he assured.

[hope y'all look forward to the next update!👋]