9: Brings Me To You

It's another day at work, and as always Solar will tell him the schedule of the day before they started. While Solar was talking, his eyes went to her baby bump and suddenly he asked, "When is your due date, Solar?"

"Hm, Sorry? I didn't catch you, Mr. Jungkook," she said with eyes widen. "I asked, when is your due date?" he pointed out to her bump. "Ah, the maternity. Less than 2 months,". He put his chin on his palm while crossing his arm to the table. "Who's gonna replace you when you're on leave for 90 days?".

"Didn't we agree Tak Dong Kyung will replace me while I'm on my leave," Solar reminds him but Jungkook doesn't like the idea? "We did but I don't like her,"

A sudden knock on the door interrupted their conversation, but in sync, they turn to the door and saw Mr. Jeon Joon Woo, came into the office. "I'm sorry for disturbing you," he said. Solar bow as a greet, "Good Morning, Mr. Joon Woo,"

"Morning, Solar. How's the baby and you?" he asked. She grinned and hold her big stomach, "We're doing well, Mr. Joon Woo, can I get you something?" she politely asked. "No thank you, but can you leave us alone for a while there's something I need to talk about with my son," he turned to look at him, and suddenly everything was getting tense. Of course, Solar didn't waste much time to went out right after. She keeps telling herself, 'It's not good for the baby,'. inside her thought.

"What brings you here dad?" he asked. "I heard you brought another new girl last night. Is she your new something?"

He rolled his eyes in annoyance, every time he changes his partner to the party his dad always find a way to bring it up. "Yeah, and what about it?"

"Is she the one?" again the same questions on repeat. "Dad.. you know I hired her. So, why to bother asking me this? I said what I said before, I'm never going to get myself in a relationship. Ever!,". His father chuckled, he was just trying his luck to ask who knows his son has changed his mind. "I was just asking.. you don't have to be mad,"

He sighed and went closer to his son, saying, "You do know there's a lot of rumors about you, right?". Jungkook tch and rubbed his hair in annoyance. "So, What about it? It didn't even bother me. People can say whatever they want to say, dad. I am the one who lives my life,"

After a moment of silence, both of them were just looking at each other trying to study both situations inside their head, "When did you become this cold, son? I thought we've talked about this,"

"I am still the old me dad. I never changed. Probably you just noticed it because all this time you were never there. So, why now?"

"You know your mother..," that one word triggered him the most. "Stop. Don't even talk about her..just don't," he stood up from his chair and walked about furiously.

Solar was trying to chase after her but she couldn't because he was too fast and it hurt her stomach. So, she gave up.

°°°

"Noona, are you going to work? It's the weekend," asked Jihoon. Yet again, another day of her ignoring him. "Noona, I'm sorry, didn't I? So, why aren't you talking to me?"

She keeps tying up her shoelaces until she's done. "I'm leaving," she said. "Where are you going?"

"Somewhere,". Jihoon gave up, He keeps thinking about the wrongdoing he had done and he indeed regrets it. A sudden flashback to that day when Jisoo found out about his abortion plan.

"Have you ever thought about how many married couples are dying to have a baby? And here you are trying to abort a baby without the mother's consent?" she referred to Yuri. "And Have you ever thought about what Yuri will be facing too? You didn't do you? That's how coward you are..,"

Jihoon turned to the family frame, looking at the face of their parents. "You guys are disappointed in me too, right?," he kneeled while facing the photo and cried, "I'm sorry... I'm truly sorry..,".

Jisoo keeps waking at the bus station while memorizing the way to Yuri's house. She was the one who sent her home the other day after all so it is much easier for her. As soon as she reach the bus station, she took out her phone to inform Yuri that she was on her way.

Me
[11:12 am] Yuri, I'm on my way

Han Yuri
[11:13 am] Alright, unnie tell me when you get here. Take care.

read√

Yuri is just a child. Imagine being pregnant around her age. Jisoo couldn't stop thinking about how's Yuri feeling at this moment.

To avoid thinking about it, she decided to look at the end of the road to see if the bus are coming. Just to kill the time of waiting.

A familiar car stopped by and Jisoo was stunned as soon as he slide down the window, "Where are you going, Miss Jisoo?"

"Jungkook..," she stood up still surprised. "I'm going to Daerim station,". He nodded before gesturing for her to come in, "Hop in, I'll drive you there,"

"No. No. It's okay. I can wait for the bus," Jisoo declines his offer. "Come on in,  I think your bus will be late. There's an accident when I drive here,"

"Really?" he nodded. She sighed, it left her with no choice but to agree. "Hop in, hop in," he waved his hand playfully back and ford.

He giggled once Jisoo was inside his car and driveway. "So, what are you doing in Daerim Station?" he asked.

"I want to meet someone," she answered, feeling a little secretive about it. "Someone. I see..so you have a boyfriend. Are you going to meet with him?" he asked.

"I do have a boyfriend but. I'm not meeting him there. I have sort of thing to solve," she explained but fail to make it less suspicious. He grinned because he can sense there was something she was trying to hide.  "Solve a mystery. What are you? detective?"

"You know, Jungkook. There's this term called privacy maybe you shouldn't cross that,". His sudden laugh startled her. "Ay, Kim Jisoo.. you're something..,"

"What are you doing out here at office hour? Don't you supposed to be at work?" she asked changing the topic. "There's a problem there, so I ran away.. Driving through the city until it brings me to you,".

She turn to face him and looked at him in confusion. "Do you always act like this or you're just being goofy?" she asked. "Why? Did I make your heart beat?"

"No..," her eyebrows furrowed. ".. you're getting on my nerves. Like seriously, I'm being honest,"

He smiled contagiously and took a glance at her, "Geez, sorry. It's not my fault that you're taken,".

She shook her head before leaning back in her seat, "Hasn't anyone told you this before?" she asked.

"What?"

"You're so into yourself. Not everything is involved around you, you know," she crossed her arms on her chest. The smile on his washed away. "Sorry. I guess you're stressing out,"

She remains silent. She truly was not in a good mood.

Is it because this is ' something '  she wants to solve? If it's about the flirtatious jokes I made, it's not that deep though. He thought. I guess her mind is truly a mess.

"Say Jisoo,.. can I come with you to meet that someone?" he asked, naively. "What?"

"I want to go with you to solve your problem..,  who knows I can help," he smiled being genuine but in her eyes, he looked like he was teasing her. "No, it's my business and you should stay out of it..," she remarks.

Jungkook feels offended, no one ever said no to him. No one.

"I'm coming with you,"

"No, you won't!!,".

"No, I'm going no matter what,"

"Listen Jungkook.. you should not,"

and the argument keeps going.

[Next chapter!!👋]
Also, guys, subscribe to my channel!
Link on my profile ❤️