18. Time Out

Mark volunteered to help Jisoo send Jihoon off to the academy even though Joshua insisted on driving them but he couldn't manage to go anyway due to his schedule.

"Thank you, Hyung," Jihoon thanked Mark for helping him carry his things to his new room. "Don't get yourself into trouble okay? If someone is bullying you, give me a call. Don't stay silent because we're not a coward," he patted his head. "I know Hyung, you've said that hundreds of times," Jihoon commented.

Jisoo was still in the passenger seat of the car, crying her eyes out while looking at her brother, all grown up, she thought. "Noona, I see you on semester break, Okay?" he hugged her, even though he was holding his tears too. Back when their parents were still alive, Jisoo has been sacrificing a lot for him, he couldn't remember the memories he had with their parents most of the best memories were with his sister because their parents fought a lot. She was always his guardian, until today. "Don't cry," he whispered to her and started crying too. "Or else I'm changing my mind," he joked.

They laughed it off and broke the hug while looking into each other's eyes, "Give me a call whenever you're free, and please don't cause any trouble," she told him and willingly he nodded. "I will and I love you, so much," he confessed. She stood up from the seat and gave him one last hug before they were separating.

"It won't be long, Jihoon ah. We'll meet again," said Mark, "I know Hyung, but Noona has been with me for so long. She's my parents to me, so, it's hard to say goodbye even though we're just separated for a while,"

"My baby brother is all grown up now, I'm going to miss you but not occasionally," Jihoon giggled, "That's good to know, Noona,".

Mark stood up in between them and pulled Jisoo to his side gently, "Alright then, we're going," he told him. He nodded in understanding and waved at them and gave them a quick hug before walking to the dormitory without a word or looking back at them.

"He's a crybaby and I believe he got it from you," Mark teased Jisoo because they knew that Jihoon was crying while walking into the dormitory. Jisoo just laughed at it. "Ready to leave?" he asked her, "Yup, let's go,"

°°°

Upon their arrival at Jungkook's place, they get Jisoo's things out of the car and the manservant went there to help too. "Did Joshua know you're moving out?"

"Throughout our relationship, he never visits me. If he wants to see me he will take me out on a date somewhere. So, I don't see the point telling him that I move out,". Mark sighed and remained silent, "If you say so, do whatever suits you,"

Mark knows a lot about what happened between Joshua and her. Even though they were in a relationship, both of them don't show off that they were lovers. At some point, he felt like their relationship was just built out of force. "You know Jisoo, it feels weird for me to think that you're someone else's wife now but someone's else lover at the same time,",

"I get your point, but I've dragged myself into this. So, I will just face it and get through it," Henderson went near them and gave Mark a look, "I assume you're Ms. Jisoo's friend?" he asked.

"Oh yeah, and you must be the Butler that Jisoo talked about, I'm Mark," Mark bowed his head to show gratitude. "Mr. Mark, I'm Henderson,"

"Please just call me, Mark. Drop the formality also please take care of my best friend," Henderson nodded, "Lovely, but I'm sure Ms. Jisoo could take care of herself. Besides, this is not a preschool. No one is going to harm her here. Not under my watch,"

Mark's eyes widen due to the sudden awkwardness he felt, "Alright, I'm off here. Bye, Jisoo. See you soon,"

"Drive safe, thank you so much for today," she thanked him because he's been driving her to the new house and even dropping Jihoon at his new school. "Don't mention it," he waved her goodbye and start the engine.

"Come here with me, Ms. Jisoo. I'm going to show you, your room," Henderson said and lead the way to the entrance. "Jungkook is not around, is he?".

Henderson takes a glance at her, in the glimpse he could see that she was hoping for him to say Yes. or another way around. "He's inside,"

Jisoo sighed and seems frustrated, she was indeed hoping he left the home of something. "Right, of course, he will be here. It's his house after all," Jisoo took out the pack of cigarettes and was about to light up but Henderson was fast enough to grab it from her and put it away, "We have rules in this household, Ms. Jisoo. You're not allowed to smoke,"

"Okay, fine,". Henderson puts his hand out and Jisoo doesn't have a clue what is he signing for, "What?" she asked.

"Hand me your cigarette," she closed her eyes in frustration and took the box of cigarettes to give him, "and the lighter," he added. "What for? I've given you my cigarette so let me keep the lighter,"

"I don't trust you. I'm sure you're going to buy a pack of cigarettes and smoke somewhere. So, give me the lighter,". Henderson and she were staring at each other without a single blink, and both of them look fiercely. "Are you guys about to fight?" asked Jungkook who came to witness the scene.

"What's going on here? What happened to both of you?" he asked. "Ms. Jisoo here doesn't want to give me her lighter,". Jungkook went to her side and asked, "You smoke?"

She rolled her eyes and hissed, "Yes, and what about it? He said I can't smoke here and I gave him all my cigarettes but he didn't let me keep the lighter. Like it or not, I am keeping it anyway,"

"That's cool, but give him the lighter. Do what he told you,". Jisoo sighed, "I am not a puppet, I don't behave as what people order. If I smoke, then it's my problem. My business,"

"Look, we're not stopping you from smoking. Henderson won't throw it away, he will keep it with him. If you feel like you want to smoke, you can go and find him,"

"What if I went out somewhere and I wanted to smoke?" she asked. "You can just go home and smoke. We're helping you to lessen your bad habit of smoking," said Henderson.

Fuck the background research, she cursed inside her head. "Give it to him," Jungkook added. Jisoo feels like crying and before she knows it, her eyes were teary. "You know that look, won't work on me. Hand me the lighter,"

She stomped her feet like a child and gave in, "Fuck you," she cursed him when he put it away.

Jungkook couldn't help himself from laughing. "You're enjoying it, aren't you? You son of a bitch. I'm the one who suffers because of your stupid tricks!". He did not take aback by her words instead he laughed even louder.

"Come on now, don't be a baby. Let me show your room and show you around the house," Henderson was supposed to be the one who did the tour with her around the house but judging from the scenes that happen, both Henderson and Jisoo need a timeout. So, that's why he takes over.

°°°

[Thank you for the upvote]
Thoughts?