20. Tell Her Story

The game first started with 2 vs. 1 which is Deuki and Johan against Jisoo, then Jaeho was invited by Jisoo to be on her team when she saw he was passing the garden.

The second game passed, and Jisoo invited another two men-servants which are Han and Obry, to the point most of the manservants were there playing basketball with her except Hyunse, Ryan, and of course Henderson.

They played the game in excitement until they didn't count how many rounds they have played but the alarm that Han set stopped the game as fast as lightning. “It's 6:30 pm guys, Ryan will be mad if the table isn't ready," said  Obry while fixing his glasses.

“Sorry, Ms. Jisoo, We have to go. Thank you for having us,” said Han and he patted Joseph's shoulder signaling him to go along with him and Obry. Slyvester stood up and take his jacket with him, “Let's play again sometime, Ms.Jisoo,” he said.

“Sure, anytime. Thanks, guys see you at dinner!,” she waved to the four of them, leaving her with Jaeho, Deukie, and Johan.

“When was the last time people used this basketball court?” she asked them. “Probably, years ago. I don't remember,” Jaeho answered. “How long have you guys been working here?” she casually asked. 

“Some of us used to work at the big mansion before Mr. Jeon moved out to this place. Like Jaeho Hyung, Ryan Hyung Hyunse Hyung, Sir Henderson, Han, Joseph, and Obry,”

“Sylvester, Johan, and I are pretty much the youngest ones” Deukie explained.“Newcomer, you can say,” Johan added.

“Not so new, you guys came into work here after that Choa's case remember,” Jaeho said. “Oh yeah, that Jung Cho A girl, It's been what? A year now.,” Johan gasped.  “Who's that?,” Jisoo asked.

“It's the maid that almost kills Mr. Jeon, ever since that there are no more maids around here.  That is how we get recruits,” Deukie explained. “Choa was the third maid that want to kill Mr.Jeon. That is why he is traumatized until he restricted the maid around his mansion,”

Jisoo sat up properly, to face them clearly, “So, it wasn't the first time people are attempting to murder him?”

They nodded, “Right, Hyung. Can you tell her the story about that first maid who choked him in his sleep when he was 10?”  Deukie asked Jaeho. “Alright, I am out. Sorry, Ms. Jisoo I am not allowed to chit-chat. Thank you for having me,”

Deukie and Johan looked at Jaeho in disbelief, “Aish, Hyung is always avoiding gossiping about his beloved master,” said Johan. “Totally,” Deukie supported. “This is not made up, right? All those maids tried to kill him, like for real?”

“Yeah, and it remains a mystery,”.

Jisoo was curious, she needs to know more. “Do you guys know the story?”. The two of them looked at each other, “I don't know if we should but.. if you want to hear.. you must keep this a secret,” Johan said.

“Promise,” she swore. “So, the reason why there are people who got hired to kill Mr. Jeon is that he wasn't the real heir,”

“When he was 10, the Jeon family from the big mansion found out that Mr.Jungkook was the son of a mistress, but Mr. Jeon's grandparents didn't believe in it and proceeded to give it all to their only heir which your husband,”

“If he's the only heir, who's trying to kill him?” she asked. “I don't know, the cousin of cousin or maybe their family that related of his father,”

“Rumors have it, that he's not even his real father,” Deukie whispered. “Oh wow, that's a lot of drama,” said Jisoo.

“Well, that's not it though...He's also suffering from..,” Johan was cut off by Joseph who shouted for his real name. “Ryu Jeonghan! Get your ass here and bring that Dylan Hwang boy with you,”

“Aight, be right there in 5!” Shouted Johan. “Who's Dylan Hwang?”

“Deukie,”

“Me! That's my real name,” he raised his hand.  “We better get going, Ms.Jisoo. Ryan will get mad if he notices we're slipping through the time,”

As they were making their way inside, she was zoning out. A lot of questions make her more curious about him.

°°°

“Where's Jungkook? Isn't he coming?” she asked Henderson because she was left alone in the dining room, along with the dinner they have served. “I believe, he is still in the big mansion. You can eat by yourself and get to sleep. I heard you're going to start your internship as Mr. Jeon's assistant tomorrow” said Henderson.

Right, Solar only got a month or less before her due. So, she will need the training to learn things that she was supposed to do while she's being the replacement. “Henderson, is there something I should know about Jungkook?”

His eyebrow narrowed. “I mean, something else like I should be aware of?” she asked again. He smiled and nodded, “Nothing. I don't think there's anything you should know about him from me. I'm pretty sure, he will open up to you if he wants to,”

The dining room was completely silent, you can just hear every movement of her spoon and fork on the plate, feeling like she was doing ASMR. “Why don't you and the rest join me for dinner? It's only me anyway,”

“We don't share the dining room, Ms. Jisoo,” he explained shortly. “You guys have your own? May I join?”

“You can't Ms. Jisoo, that's the rule,” she groaned after hearing his answer, “Ugh, how many rules do you guys have in this household? I'm sick of it already,”

“Well, I guess. you will have to get used to it. Sooner or later,”

°°°
[💜💜💜]