17. An Apology

Kim Jihoon was packing up the things that he will bring with him to the dorm and he knows his sister is moving out too. So the least he could help her is by tidying his areas. "Noona, you want me to help you?" he asked as he saw his sister struggling to get the things from the top of the cupboard.

Jisoo remains silent but Jihoon immediately takes the box down and gives it to her. "Thanks," she whispered and looked away. "Noona, I'm going to make you proud of me that's why I'm agreeing to enter the all-boy academy. I promise I will make it up to you,"

Jisoo just nodded and kept tidying their things in the box, "I'm sorry for everything. I have been a burden to you and I hope you accept my apology," he gave him the white envelope. "It is not as much as the amount of money you've spent on me but.., please take it,"

Jisoo was tearing up, "No, Jihoon. I don't want your money. You can keep it. You need it more than I do,". Jihoon was kneeling, "But I have been a bad brother to you.. I just want you to forgive me. Please take it," he begged.

Jisoo came near him and gave him a tight hug. "No. I don't need your money. Just promise me that you won't end up like me. There's a brighter future awaiting you," Jihoon couldn't stop but cried out loud.

"I'm sorry Noona, I wish I could turn back time and make it up to you,". Jisoo looked at him and smiled before wiping his tears away, "You don't have to be sorry. It's not your fault, I am the one who is supposed to be apologizing for not being able to give you a better life after mom and dad died,"

"No. You have given me everything and I..," he sniffed and cried. "It's alright. Promise me you'll be a better man, okay?" he nodded.

"What about Yuri? what should I do with her?" he asked her. she smiled at him because she knew her brother regretted his past. "I'll take care of her while you're gone. I promise. We're going to be alright,"

He nodded and smiled back at her. "Noona, when are you moving out? Can I visit you sometime, maybe during my holidays?" he asked. "I will be moving out 2 weeks after I sent you off and yeah sure, or maybe I can pick you up from the dorm and I will take you on a trip on holiday,"

He smiled happily, "Here, take my apology," he gave him the envelopes again. "Keep it. You're going to need it for school stuff. I won't be seeing you as often,"

He understood and finally gave in, "Okay, I will listen to you from now on,". Jisoo chuckled and continued arranging their things and the boxes.

Jihoon takes a look at her and feels bad, he has witnessed a lot happening in his sister's life but nothing he could do about it.

°°°

Solar has been eyeing Jungkook for too long to the point it made him uncomfortable. "What are you looking at?" he asked. "I cannot believe you're now my best friend's husband,"

"You've been saying that for a week now, and I'm genuinely annoyed. Can you please stop? For goodness sake get over it Solar, and face it," he deadpan. Solar sighed and faced him, ".. Listen here, Jungkook," she dropped the formal name she usually calls him, "If you ever lay your fingers on her I will kill you by myself, and I'm not kidding. I might also cook you, alive,".

He laughed out loud and stood up. "I am well aware that you're protective towards your beloved friend. I swear to God, I don't have bad intentions toward her, and as I told you before, I am giving her what she needs,"

Yes, Solar found out that they were in a contract marriage through her husband, Mark. She was furious and confused about how her boss proposed to her best friend in the short term.

She knows that the marriage was not because of love, Jeon Jungkook is not the type of man who would fall easily and Jisoo was well-known in her long-term relationship with Joshua. The drama was too much to handle. “You do know that Jisoo was a divorced woman, right?”

“What about it? I don't give a damn. Her past got nothing to do with me,” She shut her eyes close to ease her anger, “Of course, you care less because you don't love her and know her as I did, Mr. Jeon,”

Jungkook studies her reaction and suddenly understands the issue of her madness, “Ah.. I get it. Once Jisoo and I end our marriage. She will become a divorced woman again, right?” he smiled, innocently.  “You don't have to worry about it Solar, I'll make sure our marriage is private. I won't bring it to the public,”.

She scoffed and turned away from him, how she wished to punch him in the face, if only they were not in the office. “Since, we're talking about Jisoo. I would like to ask about her boyfriend, Joshua. How long have they been together?”

Solar doesn't know why as much as she doesn't want to tell him about their relationship but she feels the urge to need to tell him, anyway. “They have been together for 6 years. Jisoo got married when she was 18 and then she got divorced a year after. By the age of 22, she met Joshua,”

“How's Joshua and her? do they love each other?” she sighed in disbelief, she couldn't get why she was letting herself get used by the manipulative human being. “I don't know, ask her yourself,”

“I am this close to firing you, Solar,” he warned. She fakes a smile, “Excuse me, boss, please forgive me because I'm not being myself and this is my emotions. I have to go to my desk and continue my work,”

He looked at the calendar and highlights the day at the beginning of the next month. “2 Weeks to go,” he turns to his phone.

“..and 1 week without a call or a text,” he whispered. He doesn't know what got into him but he feels the excitement of welcoming his soon-to-be housemate.

°°°
[Thank you for the upvotes!]