30. Let Me In

Hyunse covered her with the blanket and served her the drink, “Here, drink this to chill out. I am pretty sure you're shocked because you're crying..,” he said and wiped her tears away with the tissue. “Oh.. sorry, I don't even realize, thank you..,” she took away the tissue from him and wiped herself.

“Is he always like that?” she suddenly asked as she remembered that he was hitting himself, entirely hard. “Who?” he questioned. “Jungkook, he hit himself. Does that always happen?”. He nodded and smiled at her, “He's not as well as he looks. Besides, since you are avoiding him.. he hasn't slept well too. I mean he does have sleeping problems but lately, your argument and he messed up his head,”

“Don't guilt trip me, it won't work. What do I suppose to do with his life?”. He sat beside her and patted her shoulder, “I wonder why to Jisoo. I can see that you're affecting him so much, and I wonder what you have done to him that created a such impact,”

Jisoo was seemingly not interested in that issue, her main concern was just hoping he was alright. “You seem bothered? Aside from Jungkook, what else makes you feel uneasy, you know I am all ears,”.

“Thank you, Hyunse but I. it's related to my marriage so, so I think I would like Jungkook to hear it first,".  He nodded, “I know you're married not because out of love but I hope you're not planning to end it too., I mean, not at a time around,”

Her eyebrows narrowed, confused. “Don't get me wrong. You can call me selfish but it's the first time I see him making effort to learn love. I have seen him at his lowest and the thought of dying has always been his first reason to reach out. He made it his goal,”

“That is the bullshit thing I have ever heard. I am not trying to justify my hardest ship in life but that freaking man should at least realize that even if he wasn't surrounded and supported by the person who wants to the most. He's not struggled since he got you guys and that includes Henderson. I mean he was born with a silver spoon for goodness sake,"  she ranted.

Hyunse smiled, “I know and the only thing that he is lacking is that he is not like you. I adore how you handle things that are going on in your life and still go through the day facing the new hardship every day, knowing there will be a solution to them. That is exactly how I want him to feel and I hope you can show him that," She was about to say back but he held her hand and smiled, “It's too much to ask, but I beg you,”

°°°°

“There there, it's alright.. don't hold your breath," he whispered to him as he was calming him down. “She promised me, but her eyes said otherwise Henderson. She's planning to leave me as mother did,"

“No. It's just your thoughts. No one is going to leave you,”. Jungkook laid back on the bed and stared at the ceiling, lifelessly, “I am being paranoid, am I? Could you please leave me alone, Henderson? I want to sleep,” he closed his eyes shut.

Henderson stood up and looked at him for a while, “If you need anything, just call me, alright,” Jungkook nodded with his eyes shut. “Please, turn off the light and lock the door when you're out,” he added. Henderson sighed, “I could switch off the light for you but I won't lock the door and that's a deal,”. Jungkook covered himself with the blanket while shouting, “Fine, get out please,” forcefully.

Henderson swung the door closed,  and make sure the knob isn't locked. “Is he alright?” he faced the person who asked, “Yes, he's alright..just need some rest and I think you should too,”, he looked at Jisoo with a smile. “Henderson, I just want to make myself clear. I didn't mean to hurt anyone,"

He nodded and giggled, “No one is hurting.. and I think it is just a misunderstanding. You should chill and rest, you don't have to explain to yourself why things happened, it always happens regardless of whatever,” he assured her, “Now, go to your room and rest. Good night,"

He stepped away and went downstairs.

°°°°

She dried her hair and combed it before deciding to lie on her bed and switch off the light making her room fully black. As she was about to slumber the door of the closet was opened, and a tall figure came out from it and made its way near her bed, but she wasn't moving as she recognize the person.

“You know, you can use the front door. Don't barge into my room using the closet just because it's connected to yours,” she said, sounding mad.

“You locked your door.. even if I knock and do, would you let me in?”. Silence.

It was silence for a while until she broke the ice, “What do you want? Just say it.. you're here without my consent anyway, what is the point of waiting the start the conversations,”.

“I am sorry. I was carried away because you want to break off this marriage. I know you don't want it in the first place and it is wrong of me to drag you into it.. but I am not ready to let you go.,” his sudden confession made her shocked but she sat up from her bed and looked at the glimpse of his eyes.

The only light that filled up the room was the night light from outside of the window. “I couldn't explain it because I don't know why either.. the thought of you leaving me, it's... hurting me,”. His voice started to crack up a little.

“I am selfish, I know but please don't leave me. Just don't leave me yet because I am still figuring out these feelings that I had for you. You made me feel like a fool, you did but don't leave me yet..,” he cried and kneeled. “I am sorry if I hurt you, Jisoo.. please stay,”

She sighed, the feeling of pity for him was to get onto her which she was not planning to show but she got up from bed and slowly crawled to him and hugged him. “You're not hurting me and I won't be going anywhere. I am sorry too, please forget whatever I have said. I didn't mean to upset you,” she rubbed his back with her palms, and he put his head in her neck, crying it out. “I am sorry, Jisoo..just stay with me,”

“I will,”.

°°°
a/n: sorry for the long wait, I have been busy for the past months, even on my day off I have a lot of things to do. Thank you for still tuning in and waiting for my updates. I am surely here from time to now since I want to let out my stress.

Thanks for the upvotes!
xoxo