39. Truth Untold

Jihoon and Jungkook's conversation flowed effortlessly, their rapport seemingly as if they had been friends for ages. "You know, I have a story about my family too," Jungkook began."Really? What's it about?" Jihoon was intrigued, not expecting someone as seemingly composed as Jungkook to have any family issues.

"When my mom was pregnant with me, she and my dad weren't on good terms. They were almost getting divorced because my dad had an affair with a maid," Jungkook shared, his tone somber.

Jihoon nodded quietly, not wanting to make any judgment or comments.

Jungkook continued, "Growing up, my mom harbored resentment towards me because she wanted to make my dad suffer. In the end, she took her own life."

"I'm sorry for your loss," Jihoon expressed sympathetically, acknowledging the weight of Jungkook's painful experiences. Jungkook chuckled lightly, "You thought that was the end? It was just the beginning. When I was 12 years old, one of the maids attempted to kill me while I was asleep. As I grew up, I discovered my dad was cheating on my mom, and I even have a half-brother whose identity remains unknown to me."

Jihoon raised his arms in a playful manner, "I'm getting goosebumps! This isn't some kind of movie, right?" he joked, attempting to lighten the mood. Jungkook chuckled warmly, "I wish, but, apart from my therapist, you're one of the few people I've opened up to. Cross my heart."

Jihoon smiled and nodded reassuringly, "Your secrets are safe with me."

°°°

Joshua and Jisoo sat across from each other, their faces serious."I had a talk with your brother and gave him some advice. Honestly, Jisoo, I think we should ask Yuri to consider an abortion," Joshua stated.Jisoo's eyes widened in disbelief. "Joshua...," she struggled to find the right words.

"It's for their own good, babe. Think about it. If the baby is born, who will support them? You don't want Jihoon to quit school, do you? So, it would fall on us," Joshua explained.

"I don't see the problem. I didn't ask for your money, Josh," Jisoo replied, closing her eyes briefly.Joshua nodded. "I know, but what about us? I had plans for us to get married, and all of this might just delay that."

Jisoo looked away, feeling conflicted. "Do you truly want to marry me?"

"What do you mean? Of course, I want to marry you. We've been together for so long," Joshua asserted.Jisoo sighed deeply.

"When we met, you knew I was a divorced woman, but you pursued me anyway. I chose you because I wanted a change, which you provided. Yet, every time I brought up settling down, you avoided it. So, why now?"

Joshua hesitated before responding, "It's been bothering me, Jisoo. I feel disappointed, honestly, towards your brother, and I'm starting to feel some resentment because you seem okay with it."

Jisoo looked at Joshua with a mix of surprise and concern. "Joshua, this situation isn't easy for any of us, but forcing Yuri to make a decision like that..."

"It's not just about that, Jisoo," Joshua interrupted, his tone edged with frustration. "It's about our plans, our future. This wasn't what I envisioned for us."

"I understand," Jisoo replied softly. "But sometimes life throws unexpected challenges. We need to support Jihoon and Yuri, not pressure them into something drastic."

"Jisoo, don't you think we've fallen out of love?" Joshua asked, his voice filled with uncertainty, a tinge of sadness lingering within his words.Jisoo closed her eyes, trying to hold back the tears threatening to surface.

"Everything has changed," she murmured, her voice tinged with a quiet sorrow, acknowledging the profound shift in their relationship dynamics.The somberness enveloped them, each word heavy with unspoken emotions, echoing the distance that had silently grown between them.

"I'm exhausted, Jisoo. I'm weary of always trying to fix things," Joshua confessed, his tone carrying a mix of frustration and weariness."Jisoo," Joshua began, his voice revealing a sense of vulnerability. "I've always wanted to be there for you, to help and support you. But sometimes, it feels like you're so independent, handling everything on your own. And while I admire that about you, it also makes me feel... less needed."

His words hung in the air, carrying the weight of his unspoken emotions. The admission of feeling redundant in her life was a burden he had carried silently, longing for a deeper connection and a sense of being essential to her.

Jisoo remained silent, allowing Joshua to voice his thoughts freely. His words hung heavy in the air, a melancholic admission that echoed the unspoken doubts lingering between them.

"My parents never approved of our relationship," Joshua continued, his tone tinged with a trace of resignation. "I've always strived to prove them wrong. Yet, perhaps they were right all along. I struggle to envision us as forever."

Jisoo sat in silence, her expression a blank canvas, as Joshua poured out his heart, the weight of his uncertainties palpable in the air between them. She simply listened, her eyes reflecting an array of emotions she couldn't quite articulate at that moment.

"Let's put an end to this," Joshua stated firmly, his voice filled with finality.

°°°