37. Meet Up

As the car glided along the scenic route toward their much-anticipated vacation spot, Joshua, Jisoo, and Jihoon sat in thoughtful silence, each lost in their own contemplations.The atmosphere within the vehicle was a mix of anticipation and restrained excitement. Jisoo stole glances at Jihoon, trying to gauge his mood. His apprehension was evident, a veil of unease shrouding his usual exuberance.

"Are you alright, Jihoon?" Jisoo asked, her voice laced with concern.Jihoon offered a half-hearted smile, attempting to mask his inner turmoil. "Yeah, I'm good. Just nervous about meeting Yuri's grandma and... well, you know."

Joshua, who had remained quiet, interjected with a hint of tension in his voice. "I'm still not sure if it's a good idea for me to meet Yuri yet. Maybe I'll keep a low profile for now."Jisoo glanced at Joshua, sensing the strain in his demeanor. His reluctance to confront Yuri's situation was palpable, causing an undercurrent of tension in the car. "Let's not worry about that for now," Jisoo suggested, trying to diffuse the tension. "Let's focus on enjoying our time together."

Arriving at their destination, a cozy lodge nestled amidst snow-capped mountains, a sense of relief washed over them. The picturesque scenery breathed a calming influence into their restless spirits.Once settled, they gathered in the lodge's cozy living area, mapping out their itinerary. Jihoon's face lit up as he suggested, "How about skiing? I heard the slopes here are amazing!"Joshua nodded in agreement, a faint smile gracing his lips. "Skiing it is, then."

°°°

As the trio settled into the lodge, the atmosphere buzzed with the anticipation of their skiing adventure. The tranquil ambiance, however, was unexpectedly disrupted by the arrival of an unfamiliar yet poised figure into the lodge's reception area.Jungkook's arrival was a calculated move, a strategic entrance aimed at aligning himself with Joshua, while Jisoo remained oblivious to the connection between Jungkook and her lives.

"Mr. Hong," Jungkook greeted Joshua with a calculated smile, concealing any trace of familiarity, his gaze a subtle blend of formality and concealed intent.Joshua's expression shifted momentarily, acknowledging Jungkook's presence with a professionally affable demeanor. "Ah, Mr. Jeon. What brings you to this location? A pleasant surprise indeed."

Jisoo and Jihoon exchanged curious glances, Jihoon particularly intrigued by the seemingly chance encounter between Joshua and the unknown guest.

"Mr. Jeon, this is Jihoon," Joshua introduced smoothly, gesturing towards Jisoo's younger brother, a welcoming smile gracing his features as he sought to create a comfortable atmosphere.Jihoon, slightly surprised by the formal introduction, offered a respectful nod. "Nice to meet you, Mr. Jeon," he greeted, a blend of curiosity and caution underlying his tone as he observed the unfamiliar guest.

Joshua, adept at social interactions, continued the introductions, "And this is Jisoo, my girlfriend."Jisoo, composed despite the unexpected introduction, greeted Jungkook with a cordial smile. "Hello, Mr. Jeon. It's a pleasure to meet you."As Joshua made the introduction, Jungkook couldn't help but notice the possessive grip Joshua had around Jisoo's waist. A subtle flicker of jealousy flashed in Jungkook's eyes, swiftly concealed behind a mask of professionalism.

His fingers twitched slightly, a subconscious reaction to the sight, betraying a hint of the discomfort he felt witnessing the intimate gesture between Joshua and Jisoo.

Seizing the moment to redirect the conversation, Joshua smoothly transitioned towards the day's skiing plans. "Mr. Jeon, would you care to join us on the slopes? It could be a delightful way to unwind after your business matters."

Jungkook, masking his true intentions behind a veneer of agreeableness, tactfully accepted the invitation. "That sounds delightful, Mr. Hong. I believe some fresh mountain air would be a welcome change."

Joshua nodded, pleased by Jungkook's acceptance. "Excellent. We can head over to the skiing area in no time."With Joshua leading the way, the group ventured towards the skiing slopes. Jihoon and Jisoo exchanged glances, noticing the subtle undercurrents between Joshua and Jungkook. Jihoon felt a sense of unease, sensing something beyond the surface of this encounter, while Jisoo remained composed, concealing any hints of discomfort.

As they reached the ski area, Joshua took charge, arranging equipment and discussing the day's skiing plans. He engaged in friendly banter, attempting to diffuse any tension that might have lingered from the introductions.

Jungkook maintained a composed demeanor, yet his occasional glances towards Jisoo spoke volumes of the hidden currents beneath his facade. The sight of Joshua's affable gestures towards Jisoo, coupled with the subtle possessiveness in his actions, seemed to stir an inexplicable turmoil within Jungkook.

Amidst Joshua's enthusiastic discussions about skiing techniques with Jihoon, Jisoo found a brief window of unnoticed freedom. With a furrowed brow and an annoyed look cast in Jungkook's direction, she stealthily positioned herself beside him. Her lips moved soundlessly, forming the words, "What are you doing here?"

Caught off guard by Jisoo's seemingly irritated expression, Jungkook's eyes widened in feigned innocence. He glanced around discreetly, ensuring they remained unnoticed by Joshua and Jihoon. In response to her silent question, he cheekily mouthed back, "Just came for the snow, and maybe some adventure."

🏙️🏙️🏙️