13. Freedoms

She was running out of breath. If only she didn't miss the first bus she would have arrived at her destination 10 minutes ago.

She took a deep breath even though she was panting like crazy before she pressed the doorbell. "Are you Ms. Kim Jisoo," she nodded as she still needs to control her breathing. "Yes, I am,". The gatekeeper opened the gate for her and she entered the house guided by the man who she guessed was the one who was talking through the CCTV's microphone. "Follow me," he ordered and led the way.

She was surprised to see the manservants lining up through the hallway. "Is there something happening  " she whispered to the butler or gatekeeper who led her the way. "It's normal for the manservants to line up in the morning. Sort of part of the routines," he explained.

She nodded and observed each of the manservants of the house. Once they reached the big door, the man who led the way spoke, "Mr. Jeon. Your guest is here,"

"Let her in," the man from the room shouted. As soon as the big door opened, Jisoo was shocked at how huge the dining room was and the table was half the size of the area.

"Have a seat, Ms. Kim," the man said to him and pointed to the chair. "Thank you," she politely thanked him and sat properly, facing the owner of the house.

He was eating his breakfast meal and doesn't even bother about her appearing. "You are late, Ms. Jisoo," said Jungkook while cutting his pancakes. "I know. I'm sorry and I don't want to give a reason for my actions because it's something I can't control,"

He hummed and pouted his lips before gazing at her. "I see. Let's get straight to the point shall we?" he dropped his knife and fork to both of his plates.  "I want you to replace Solar,"

"Why should I? I thought I was only assigned to the company as your personal escort "she asked. "Think about it, Jisoo. I'm giving you an opportunity..,"

"What do you mean by that?" she asked. He laid back and hissed. "I don't like people cutting me off while I'm talking. So, let me finish,"

"Sorry, I didn't mean to," she apologized. "I've made a research background on you and I know your part-time job or side income you're working with.. in which I don't give a damn mind.  Besides, it's much easier for me if you're the one who I am working with one Solar takes her maternity leaves, "

"My point is, I'm allowing you to leave that dark job behind. You're a noble kind woman, if you keep doing it people will see you as disgraceful and an awful lady. Besides, what if your boyfriend finds out that his girlfriend is an expert escort girl? or worse.. what if your brother finds out about you,"

She gulped. "Will you pay me enough?" she asked.

He smirked and sipped his tea, "I could pay you more than enough and I'm offering you freedom,". She stayed silent and he continued, "I know the reason why you get into that job and you remind me a lot of someone. I don't have any intention but to help you,"

"How do I know you're not lying to me, right now?" she asked. He scoffed and giggled, "I know I may look suspicious but I just don't want you to work as anybody's escort girl aside for me. I don't like sharing what's mine. Henderson, could you please bring the paperwork for Ms. Jisoo here to sign," he ordered.

Without a word, the manservant brought the agreement and put it in front of her. "It's the letter of appointment. The terms and conditions of working with me were all written there, take your time to read it and feel free to ask me anything," he explained.

Her eyes widen upon reading the basic salary he had offered, it was triple the pay from her current job. "You're kidding, right? This is a lot of money..," she said in disbelief. "It will be yours if only you agree,"

She couldn't think straight but all of the conditions and regulations are reasonable and mostly maintained their priority to only communicate about work. She doesn't have any solid reason to not agree with him.

She closed her eyes, "The contract of working is only for a year, is it?" He nodded. "As stated, you read it right,"

"Alright, then. I believe in you," she took the pen and signed it without hesitation.

He smiled widely and stood up. "Welcome to the company Ms. Kim, I'm looking forward to working with you,".

He does seem very suspicious but Jisoo just lets slide and smiles at him back with the most genuine smile ever.

"Thank you, Mr.Jeon,"

Little did she knows, he was happy because she got into his trap.

°°°
[Thank you for the upvotes, everyone!]