3.

One month later

Kardier
Since that night I've been living with Meechie's mom. It was suppose to be until I got on my feet which is what I was doing . I had a job I was working that brought me in some income and I was saving the money so that me and Scarlet could move out. Not saying Meechie mom was a bad person she was the complete opposite. She was a very sweet women who helped me out with Scarlet a lot .
I was getting ready for work when his mom Ms. Yvonne came into the room.
"Have you talked to Meechie"? I sighed and said "he said he was coming over yesterday and when I called him he didn't answer so..."
She blew off "that damn son of mine . Look Kardi you need to put your foot down . I know I'm his mom, but you need to tell him the random pop ups to see her face for three hours and to give you money ain't going to cut it. My son has this being a father shit fucked up and if I tell him Ima hurt him, so you gotta do it".
I know she was right. I mean the last time Meechie saw Scarlet was maybe a week and a half ago. It's not like he was busy from what I was hearing on the streets his ass was in every hoe face and most likely fucking them too. I guess he thought showing his face and giving me money was going to shut me up but it wasn't . Therefore I texted him and told him I needed to talk to him when I got off tonight. Hopefully his ass shows up because we really need to have this talk.
Thanks to Yvonne I was able to drive one of her cars to work. When I pulled up to Bath and Body Works we weren't busy today like yesterday thank God.
As I'm getting settle in behind the counter I heard my name called.
Before I even looked up I heard my friend Farrah say "oh boy here comes your loose ass cousin".
I glanced up and saw Wanda coming my way.
"Wassup Wanda"? I said. I hadn't seen this bitch in a while and when Calvin told me he had been sleeping with her I still kept my distance. I knew if I saw her I'd beat her ass at the time and when I finally did see her I was pregnant and couldn't do shit. Now, Calvin was dead and I no longer cared but if she stepped a me wrong I'd still give her that ass whooping she deserves.
She got to the counter and asked "when's the last time you heard from Calvin"?
I glanced at Farrah and back to her and said "why"?
She laughed and said "I guess it's time for me to come clean. I was fucking Calvin , he said you wasn't doing your job, so you know I helped him out. But I haven't heard from him in a while, and that ain't like him".
I clenched my jaw and had to tell myself to not be mad, so I said "I don't know he left me" I lied .
She looked me up and down "left you ? And went where"?
I spoke "ran off with another hoe , a bitch with the same hoe status as you".
She grinned and said "you know what I'll let you have that, and Calvin. I'll find me another money maker nigga. Maybe Meechie, yea Meechie". No one knew about me and Meechie having a baby together so I had to hold my cool when she mentioned him, but damn I wanted to snatch her fucking ass up as she walked off.
Farrah responds once she was gone from the store "where is Calvin Kardi did he run off for real"?
With the quickness I said "yea he did" and left from around the counter before anymore questions was asked .

     When I got off from work I was surprised to walk in and see Meechie on the couch playing with Scarlet. I liked seeing him interact with her it really warmed my heart .
      "So you going to stand there and watch or you going to come in here and talk to me about whatever it is you need to talk to me about" he said not looking my way.
       I walked over and sat on the couch across from them and said simply "you need to spend more time with her Meechie".
      As he brought her down from having her in the air he replied "what you mean? I spend time with my daughter Kardi".
      I blew off and said "what two to three hours ain't spending enough time Meechie and then you do that shit every other week if that".
       He placed her in her mamaroo and said "the fuck you mean You trying to call me a deadbeat or something"?
"No I'm not saying that but you don't spend enough time I'm just saying you need to spend more time. Give her the same attention you be giving them hoes you be fucking around with on a daily".
       He chuckled and said "so that it...."
I raised my eyebrow and said "that's what"?
"You jealous"? He said laughing.
"Nigga this ain't about me this is about our daughter and jealous please ain't shit them wack ass hoes you be fucking got on me".
        Meechie pulled out a hand full of money and threw it on the coffee table . He then kissed Scarlet and stands up . "You leaving how long you been here tonight and when will she see you again ? Next two months. Look if that's going to be the case then don't be in her life alright . I know what it's like to have a sometimey ass father and I damn sure don't want that for my daughter"! I was now pissed because it like nothing I said was getting to him. It was like I was talking to Calvin all over again just without the beating afterwards.
        "I gotta handle some business I'll see y'all later". With that he left and I sat there on the couch and cried . If this was the type of father Meechie was going to be then Scarlet didn't need it. I grabbed the money off the table , wiped my eyes before picking up Scarlet and saying to her as I held her in my arms "I won't let nobody play about you and that's a promise".

        The next morning I woke up to the sound of the television in my room .

Rubbing my eyes I grabbed my phone and looked at the time

Rubbing my eyes I grabbed my phone and looked at the time. It was eight in the morning , I rolled over and there in the bed was Meechie with Scarlet laying on his bare chest eyes glued to the television .
"Good morning baby momma" he said with a grin.
"You snore by the way kept me up since I came back here last night". My ass was in shock I couldn't say anything .
He then said "look I heard you last night ight and I'm going to try and do better and for the record these hoes will never come before my daughter and that's on my dead father".
       I nodded okay and laid back down and watched Cocomelon a episode I saw for the millionth time. I don't know why but this felt good and it was definitely something I could get use too.