17.

Kardier
I walked into Meechie's penthouse and found him in the living room staring at the blank wall.
"Hey bae . I brought food if you hungry" I said going into the kitchen . I spotted by this soul food spot and picked us up something good. Some ribs , greens and Mac and cheese. I even got some of their peach cobbler because Meechie loved that fucking peach cobbler.
I heard him say blandly "nah I'm good". I sat the food down and went to him. "Really I even got peach cobbler" he didn't answer when I said that and I knew something was wrong.
Standing to the side of the chair where he was sitting I said "why you sitting here in the dark"?
The only light was the light that shown from the kitchen which wasn't much being that the living room was a little walk away.
"We need to talk" was all he said and then he pulled out a gun on me.
I quickly held my hands up because what the hell was going on. This was the last thing I expected Meechie to ever do . The look in his eyes was cold and emotionless.
"Baby what you doing"? I asked .
He grinned and said "that ass not big and bad now huh"?
I replied "baby please put the fucking gun down and let's just talk about whatever it is you wanna talk about". I glanced over and saw I had sit my fucking purse down in the kitchen that's where the gun was . Fuck ! I said in my mind .
"Nah fuck talking I'm done talking and when we do talk yo ass don't be telling me everything".
I rolled my eyes "what's everything Meech huh look think about Scarlet our daughter"?
He stood up and said "I'm done talking it's time I teach yo ass a lesson".
"Meech wait please....."
The gun goes off and my body drops to the cold hardwood floor.

Meechie
"Wassup Ma" I said walking in the house .
"Hey son where's Kardi I thought she was picking up Scar"?
I grabbed Scar from off the couch and said "change of plans . How was she"? Asking about Scar.
"Good . I started her with cereal in her bottle. It's that time , let Kardi know".
"Cool well we going to get going" I said grabbing her baby bag and a few of her toys.
"Wait , I never asked you how the two of you are doing"?
I gave her a fake smile and said "we good Ma , we good".
She smiled back and said "good because I like Kardi and y'all look so cute together".
I quickly said "ma I gotta go. I'll call you later, thanks for watching Scar I put some money in yo account".
She yelled as I walked out "thanks son and anytime you know i love my grand baby".
Back in the car finally getting Scar in comfortably Julius calls me.
Backing out the driveway I answered the phone . "Yo wassup"? I answered .
"Shit . Aye that girl Martin was talking to , your baby momma friend Zoe was shot. Martin said they was coming out of her apartment and someone just started shooting"?
"She straight"? I asked .
"Yea they are the hospital now . I think a bullet just hit her in the knee".
This shooting there was no way I could place the blame on Kardi.
"They see anything"? I asked .
"Red Honda one of them newer ones fleeing the scene".
"Damn we gotta figure out who it was they could be targeting the whole team".
"To bad we can't put blame on your baby momma because she ain't here with us. How does it feel being a single parent now Nigga"?
I sigh and said "don't know how to feel yet, but I know this shit will kick me in my ass soon".
"Well think about it you wanted a bullet in her , so this is the life you signed up for".
I blew off and said "ain't nothing to get a step-mommy, but for right now I wanna see how long I can do this single dad shit".
Julius chuckled and said "well Nigga good luck".
After getting off the phone with Julius I looked in the backseat and said to Scar. "Please don't give daddy a hard time".
She looked at me through the baby mirror and smiled and for a minute I saw Kardi.
"Damn don't tell me you crazy like your damn momma".
She then starts crying and I quickly said "shhhh....shhh.... Daddy's sorry". Scar cried all fucking night that night I can see just from tonight I was going to catch hell.
The real question though is who shot at Martin and his girl. This time I couldn't put the blame on Kardi because...well because where she was she wasn't shooting or killing nobody else".