C • 10 : Blind the Eye, Deafen the Ear

The battle had begun, Elizabeth, Demi, and Vaelan were all standing at the City-edge, where buildings suddenly stopped and gave room to a massive clearing where the Order facility resided. The facility was terrifying up close, especially when she knew what resided within, her hands were shaking.

The trio and the mixed squadron comprised of Demi's squad and Villin's squad were all pressed against the corner of the last two buildings standing at the edge. They had all also been outfitted with black armor and been given belts to hold any items they deemed necessary. However, Elizabeth just threw on a grey and purple cloak stashed with a bunch of chocolate bars instead of using a belt.

Elizabeth watched as Vaelan put his walkie-talkie to his face, "Karliah, how are things going on your end?"

There was static for a moment as gunshots echoed in the distance, "Eastern advance is now defending, now it's your turn to get moving Vaelan!"

"Alright, remember you guys," he turned to Demi's and Villin's mixed squadron, "Limited possession only, work as a team, if that doesn't work, then you have my permission to go all out."

In the distance, out of the corner of her eyes, Elizabeth could see magic surging through the air, and the collective aura of the rebellion made her eyes sting.

"What about us?" Elizabeth asked.

"Same deal," Vaelan began walking, he spun around and kept moving backward as Elizabeth, Demi, and the elites followed, "Limited possession, only if I give the word will you use your chimera forms, and even then, I have to check with Darwin first."

Elizabeth nodded and they all ran towards the southern wall of the massive facility, leaving the edge of the city. So far, the plan was going without a hitch, but she couldn't keep her heart from racing. The longer they took, the more people would die.

The facility suddenly loomed over them as they reached its dark grey stone wall.

Vaelan signaled for Elizabeth to make a portal so that they could make their way through the wall.

Elizabeth made a thin portal through the wall. Guesstimating just how thick the wall would be. They walked through and found themselves standing in pale white halls that echoed a sense of distorted unity.

Elizabeth was trembling uncontrollably but soon calmed, at least somewhat, when Demi placed her hand on her shoulder.

"Hey," Demi whispered with a gentle smile, "You're okay, it'll be fine, I promise," she pecked Elizabeth with a quick kiss on the forehead, then ran off to Vaelan.

Elizabeth slowed her pace, placed her hands where Demi's lips had landed and thought of her mother. Is that what it would've felt like?

She shook her head and sped up as the squadron caught up with her.

Up ahead, Demi and Vaelan were talking, Vaelan deprived of emotion, and the two studying the layout of the facility that they had gotten from Arva. They walked past a couple of crossroads and even dodged a few groups of soldiers, and when they finally reached the third crossroad, they turned right and continued their quick running, which was occasionally jogging. They made their way deep into the facility, and eventually found an elevator that would take them far, far deeper.

They stepped in and clicked the button that read BF3.

"Isn't Christopher on the sixth floor?" Elizabeth tilted her head.

"All floors starting from the 5th floor down are separated into sections. The third floor has three elevators that go down, the one we need is located in the eastern half of the third floor."