C • 12 : Tears of Blood, Skin on Fire

Vaelan slammed the burning monster against the roof, the mana that made up his lowest arms began to burn away as he lowered himself and roared, inches away from its face. Anna stirred in his arms and Vaelan jumped far up into the sky as the beast glowed orange and exploded into a ball of flame. Vaelan's wings unfolded and launched him toward the battlefield where he quickly skidded along the ground and gently set Anna down by Demi.

He looked at her as the world seemed to slow, her sides had taken damage, and her beautiful thin face had been dirtied. He bristled and opened his wings again. He darted toward the monster on the rooftop again and spread his two wings and six arms. The beast used its tails to stand itself up and dragged its wings as Vaelan landed and cracked the rooftop.

He walked toward the beast whose aura consisted only of raw unfiltered malice.

His wings folded in as the agent summoned his scythe. White mana covered Vaelan's body, mimicking the forms of Agent Zero and the Fallen Angel, his snow-colored body began to form green cracks as verdant, triangular runes formed on his chest and eyes.

Vaelan's rune eyes darted toward the battlefield for a mere moment and the bestial agent had appeared next to him.

The Fallen Angel is still watching, they can't even get close.

He grabbed the agent's face and slammed him back down. His mouth tore open, revealing inky blackness within the pale white.

"Come on, Agent!" He growled, "Give me a proper battle!"

The agent began to claw at Vaelan's middle arm, but his strength only increased. The agent then bent around and bit clean through the magical appendage. Vaelan's blackened mouth formed a crooked smile as his horns lengthened.

The agent quickly crawled toward Vaelan and Vaelan mimicked the movement. They collided and immediately began to tear each other into bits. The beast screamed in anger while Vaelan laughed through the pain. He hadn't had a battle like this in years, he loved it. After all, why wouldn't it feel good to feel pain?

As he clawed and punched the Agent, he began using his lower arms to tear up his own legs. He laughed more.

The silhouetted figure jumped back and Vaelan's body began to regenerate.

"We're not done!" Vaelan screamed as he dashed toward the agent.

He swiped all three of his left arms but quickly realized that nothing had happened. He looked to his side and gasped in pleasure. The agent's scythe was resting beside his head, and his left forearms had been sliced off, his lowest arm had been completely removed. Black ink covered the bloody stump and all three arms were replaced by thin white appendages.

Vaelan's shadowy smile was almost spread from ear to ear.

He grabbed the agent's head and slammed it down again, when the tails shot toward him, he let them stab through his middle and lower right hands as he continually slammed the beast's head against the ground.

The agent turned into a ball of flames again, burning away the layer of mana that covered Vaelan's body, revealing Vaelan's joyous green eyes and sharp pearly fangs.

Agent Zero spun around and smacked Vaelan's arms away as the layer of white mana grew back. Gunshots fired off, and a sudden pain spread throughout his back. He turned and saw three Order soldiers standing atop the roof, aiming their guns.

"You're getting in my way!" Vaelan shouted as he ran up to them before they could even react.

One of the tail barbs stabbed through his gut and ripped him back. Vaelan roared as he was slammed against the roof and landed on all eight limbs. His wound instantly began to regenerate and he stood up. He summoned a white bow, drew back three arrows, and aimed at the soldiers. The Agent stood still and stared hatefully at Vaelan who kept his smug smile.