C • 20 : Hemorrhage of Brain, Collapse the Heart

Christopher stood and pulled Anna behind him, his organic parts shook as Jake stood in front of him, a thin scar making its way down the middle of his body. Heat spread through the room, the air distorted, and a sickening aura rose off of Jake.

"Jake-" Christopher started, before being slammed against the wall by a massive tail made of flaming black petals.

"Shut up," Jake growled, he suddenly jerked his head to the side, "Shut up!"

He began to claw at himself and his tails loosened.

"This is my body, I'm in control!" His eyes shot toward Christopher and he puffed out steam.

He reached for Jake, sidestepping away from the tails. Anna moved to the corner, whispering to herself with wide eyes. Sweat fell like a waterfall from his head, he could barely move.

The tails slithered back, still pointed at Christopher as Jake walked over to Anna. He pulled her into a hug, pressing her head to his shoulder as he stared at the wall with wild anger. Christopher took a step forward and was immediately frozen by the cruel stare shot by Jake, his blue eyes glowing like fire. Jake pulled away and growled, before suddenly lurching into a frenzy, clawing at his sides and neck.

Christopher stepped forward and reached for the Chimera, "Jake, what's-"

"Stay back!" Jake screamed and lunged back against the wall, tears fell down his face, "I hate you," he said, clawing open the skin of his temples.

He slid to the floor, the tails retracting and dissipating. He hugged his knees and sobbed.

Christopher walked to him, "Jake, what's going on?"

Jake's eyes flashed black for a moment before returning to their blue hue. He looked at Christopher, almost staring through him. Mana trickled from Jake's lips, and he laughed, droplets of black ink fell to the floor as Jake cackled wildly. He crawled along the floor toward Christopher's feet and smashed his head against the ground.

He went silent for an unending moment and whined, "I didn't mean to do it, I didn't want to do it, I just wanted to save her."

"What?" Christopher looked at Anna, her mechanical arms thumped against the floor as she fell to the floor, watching Jake with wide, terrified eyes.

Christopher felt venom build up in him as he looked at Jake. The Chimera kneeled grossly before him, after all he had done, after scarring Anna, after hurting her, how dare- how could he?

"You hurt her," Christopher whispered, a look of disgust adorning him.

"I didn't mean to."

"You tore her apart and turned her into some Order experiment," Malice welled up in him, venom sat on his tongue. Why was Jake saying such horrible and idiotic lies?

"I was trying to protect her."

"From what? You failed her as a brother, you ruined her!" Christopher screamed, a dark aura gathering within him.

"I made her beautiful!" Jake broke into a cacophony of tears and laughter, and forced himself to his feet, suddenly turning calm and quiet, "You abandoned us."

"I didn't have a choice," Christopher said.

"You left us to rot," Jake uttered.

"If I stayed, we all would've died!"

"Then we would've died together!" Jake screamed, "We were together, family and home together, complete together, but you left us to die! You left us, Anna would've died if I hadn't become an agent! I would've died if I hadn't become an agent, a Chimera! Everything I've done has been for her and our survival! And what do you do? You send your friends to come kill me."