Hidden In Plain Sight

.

There was commotion in the village. It was loud enough to catch my attention, so I went to see what had happened.

There was a holy knight standing in the centre of the courtyard. He was waiting, it seemed they were going to give him some of the ale they make.

"Our village is very proud of this year's brew. We truly believe it is our best one yet," The Cheif explained whilst pouring the Knight a drink.

The knight quickly took the cup in his hand and took a sip. Not a second after drinking it did he begin criticizing it.

"Disgusting. I'd rather drink horse piss than more of this swill," He said.

A young boy grabbed something off the ground before dumping it into the holy knight's drink. The holy knight took one look at it before throwing the glass to the ground and un-sheathing his sword.

I thought he was going to kill the child, but instead, he shoved his sword into the ground and cut off the water supply.

He then left, just like that.

What a bother.

If I had cared more about this village, I might've helped. Unfortunately for them, these people meant nothing to me. I sighed and walked back towards my shop on the edge of town.

In order to integrate into human society, I began making, buying and selling weapons. Swords, bows, axes, anything of the like.

The people of the village would often buy axes, and the humans passing through would usually look through the swords I had on display. Humans desperate for cash would come by and sell their weapons to me.

Yet none of the humans ever seemed to be wary of me. It was an odd feeling. I enjoyed it.

Perhaps that was the reason I stayed among them, the humans.

.

anything in italics are direct quotes from the anime and as such were not written by me