Involuntary Staring Contest

.

"Excuse me?" I walked towards him in disbelief.

"I thought you wanted nothing to do with me," he said, his demonic mark still showing.

"You're right, I don't," I responded, my tone making it sound like it was obvious.

Everyone in the room was tense, even the faux doctor. No one moved, much less spoke. A few minutes later, the heir decided to break the silence.

"Then why? Why did you listen to my offer? The old you would've ran for the hills, so why?" His demonic mark was still showing but he didn't sound as gruff as he did before. He sounded, distressed, for some reason.

His words took me by surprise. Out of all the things he could've gotten upset over, he's mad that I stayed and listened to his offer? Why?

It took me a couple minutes but I finally understood. He had just died, after all. There's only one reason he would bring this up.

"Did he say something to you?" I asked, moving to sit on the bed.

He didn't respond. Hell, he didn't even look at me. I was right, that son of a bitch definitely said something to him. No wonder he's acting like this.

His menacing aura had dissipated some but it was still very present. Everyone in the room was silent, and no one had moved a muscle since I sat down. Even that noisy pig sat still.

The heirs silence in particular was starting to piss me off. I asked him a question, would it kill him to respond?!

"What did he say?" I asked, my own aura turning hostile.

He still didn't respond. The room was plunged into a still silence for another 2 or 3 minutes before I spoke again. This time, I made my anger known.

"What did he say, Meliodas?" As I spoke, my aura became much more menacing. Everyone except for the heir became visibly uncomfortable.

He wasn't the one who answered me, instead, Elizabeth decided to speak up.

"Uhm, Lady Irreron, Sir Meliodas..?" she began, her voice loud in the silent room. We both turned to look at her, our auras darkening.

She yelped and continued, her voice wavering, "If you don't mind my asking, who are you talking about..?"

I was about to answer her, but the heir beat me to it.

"Our father,"

.

finally! this chapter gave me so much trouble but it's finally done!

thank you so much for over 1k reads its wild!

the next chapter should be out soon, im sure it won't take me very long