No Paradise for the Wretched

.

I did some basic treatment before bandaging the heir's injury. Unfortunately the heir woke up and, despite my attempts against it, started up a conversation.

"Hey, lil sis?"

"Yes?"

"Why did you refuse to become a Commandment?"

I paused in putting my stuff away.

"Why do you ask?"

He went to shrug but was met with pain and winced.

"Dunno, at the time I thought it was a no-brainer."

"A no-brainer that I'd join?" I asked as I continued putting my stuff away.

"Yeah, guess not." It was obvious he was reminiscing.

"Of course not, why would I? The amount of father's demonic power a Commandment receives would've damaged my ability." I walked over and sat down next to where the heir was laying.

"I'm not like Estarossa and Zeldris, I can't just borrow the demon king's power. A demon with a magical ability that allows them to create life, even if it's plant life, is extremely rare. Giving life is an angel or fairy thing, not demon." I added, sighing.

The heir attempted to shrug again, which only left him in immense pain. He shook his head, "Hell, what was I thinking. Of course you had an actual reaso–"

"It was also because I hate you."

He sighed, "I knew it.."

"I wasn't that smart back then and you know it." With that, I stood up and walked to the door.

Once there I opened it, saying "You don't have to spy, Lady Elizabeth."

Her and Hawk had been listening to the majority of our conversation, not that it bothered me. They should know I am a demon if I'm to stay here for who knows how long. We will most likely fight against demons in the future, so it's best to get these things out now.

Lady Elizabeth and Hawk fell into the room, both yelping as the door gave way in front of them. Elizabeth was about to say some excuse as she regained her composure but I simply excused myself.

"If you'll excuse me, then."

.