Let the Thunder Roll

.

As we were approaching the hill we saw 2 figures outside. One was walking around looking for something.

And that's when I felt it.

A surge of magical power was headed this way. That boy felt it too.

"Haa, how annoying." I sighed.

"What's annoying?" Aten asked, head tilted to the side.

"That." I said, putting Aten, the boy and the other figure into perfect cubes. Once they were safe I summoned large, thick vines from the ground. They were in the perfect place to catch the surge.

The magical power made an almost blinding light as it collided with the vines, stopping in its tracks. I picked up the spear, removed the perfect cubes, thanked the vines, then had them return to the Earth.

I walked up to the boy and dropped the spear at his feet.

"Were you trying to destroy Vanya Village?" I asked, livid. "Catching that spear with your bare hands would've run you through at least 8 buildings, you idiot."

I knew who he was. How could I not? In front of me was the man I despised most. Meliodas, 1st Prince of the Demon Realm and heir to the throne.

"What was that? How did you-" I used a vine to knock Aten unconscious, not even sparing her a glance.

"Hey lil sis! How have you been?" Meliodas laughed, flashing his signature smile.

"Next time, don't act so rashly."

I began to walk away. If Meliodas had caught and thrown back that spear as he planned, whoever threw it would know he was the one who caught it. Ally or not, it's completely reckless.

He really is an idiot.

He was no doubt going to come looking for me tomorrow. If I were the same person I was 300 years ago, I would've packed up and left the village before he got the chance to speak to me again.

But I am no longer that person. Who knows, he may have some useful information.

"I'll see you tomorrow then, brother." I said to myself.

.