Same Page

.

By the time I awoke the sun had risen and everything was quiet. Eerily so.

Slightly concerned for the life of anything in a hundred mile radius I got dressed and went downstairs.

The heir was nowhere to be seen, but Lady Elizabeth and Hawk were talking. Lady Elizabeth noticed me as I went behind the counter for something to drink.

"Ah, Lady Irreron! Did you sleep well?" She asked, getting up from where she was on the floor.

"Yes, I did, thank you. Did you and the heir find that sin you were looking for?"

"Ah yes! Lady Diane is just outside! If you're looking for him, Sir Meliodas is out talking with her." She smiled, but there was sadness evident in her eyes.

"Did something happen?"

She walked over and sat at the bar as I poured myself some ale. She sighed and looked at her hands before speaking.

"Yes, in the forest we ran into a holy knight. Lady Diane and Sir Meliodas were doing well fighting him but the holy knight got the upper hand and hit Sir Meliodas. It isn't life threatening, but he still hasn't cleaned or bandaged it."

"I see. You said he's outside?" I asked, drinking the last of the ale I had.

"Yes. Please Lady Irreron, get him to tend to his injuries!"

"Of course." I tried my best to give her a 'reassuring look', whatever that means.

.

"Look at what a sexy babe I am! A lot can happen in 10 years, can't it?" The giant said, holding a wanted poster of herself.

"But that's just a drawing, it's made up." Meliodas replied.

I walked out of the tavern and looked over to see a giant with the heir on her shoulder. Had I not known she would be here, I'd probably end up harming her out of instinct.

Neither of them had seen me so I summoned a vine to grow up from the ground and grab the heir's collar. Then, I had it drag him off the giant's shoulder and drop him in front of me.

"Hey! What was that for?" He pouted, standing up and brushing the dirt off of his pants.

"Being an idiot." I replied. I then summoned some dirt and made valerian grow from it. As I carefully dug up the roots, the giant made her confusion known.

"Captain, who is that girl?" She asked, jealousy lacing her words like venom.

"She's my sister, Irreron." He replied

"It's a pleasure." I muttered, more focused on what I was doing.

Me being the heir's sister seemed to calm the serpent sin, and she properly introduced herself.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Diane, the serpent sin of envy!" She smiled.

The heir went on talking about how we were headed for Bastate Prison to get yet another sin.

I finally got the plant uprooted, so I properly introduced myself, letting the wind carry the dirt that I had summoned.

"You as well, as he said, I am Irreron." I lowered my head in a slight bow. I then separated the root of the valerian from the flower before shoving the root into the heir's mouth.

By some miracle, he chewed and swallowed it. I then let the flower grow and wrap itself around my arm so it could live off my energy.

It was grown by magic so to live it must stay near magic. Because it is a magic flower, it took effect much quicker and not 2 minutes later, the heir was passed out.

"Captain!? What did you do to the captain!?" Diane yelled, catching the attention of Elizabeth, who rushed out of the tavern.

"Please, calm yourself. I gave him some valerian root. It makes you fall asleep. The heir knew what it was, that's why he ate it." I sighed and picked him up, slinging him over my shoulder.

"If you don't mind, I am going to go treat him until we reach a town with a doctor. Diane, Elizabeth." I walked past them and into the tavern.

As soon as I was out of sight I used magic to carry the heir instead. I then brought him upstairs to his room, locking the door behind me.

"I'm already exhausted," I whined.

.

hello!! all italicized words are direct quotes from the anime and as such were not written by me.

thank you for understanding!