Ebb and Flow

.

When I first came to the human world, I quickly realized that my usual appearance would make me stand out.

For the humans, it is not everyday you see another human with light pink hair and horns. Nor do you see people with plant life growing all over them.

And so, to blend in I used magic to alter my appearance. Hiding my horns with magic, giving myself dirty blonde hair and brown eyes, no human gave me a second glance.

Of course, this disguise was changed every 80 years or so. Humans have irritatingly short lives and even more irritating memories.

Ah well, now that I've gotten mixed up with the heir, this disguise is useless.

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and envisioned how I used to look. Though it was rather slow, I felt the layers of magic dissipate. I felt every disguise I used being washed away. One at a time. Layer after layer.

When it was done, I looked at my reflection in my drink.

I hadn't realized how long it'd been since I last saw myself.

"Ohh, so it was a disguise!" Meliodas muttered, hitting a clenched fist to his palm.

"Wow! You're beautiful Lady Irreron!" Elizabeth exclaimed, almost standing up in her excitement.

"Thank you, that's very kind of you."

After that, we finished our meal and by nighttime we reached the forest of white dreams. The heir planned to go out and find the sin that night, but I was exhausted. And so, the heir, Hawk and Elizabeth went off while I got some rest in the Lady's room.

As I drifted off to sleep I could've sworn I heard fighting.

How bothersome.

.