Chapter 1

(draw made by me)

Your pov :

On a nice morning I was preparing myself for my work. I was happy to know that today was going to be a super day! Why? Because it's my birthday! And I know everyone will be so kind to me! Not like... In that place I used to work before.

So, I grab my bag and went out of my apartment. I walked down the long staircase that led me to the hall where all the mailboxes were glued to each other right on each side of the walls.

I know that I might receive some letters to congratulate me for being one year older! But I'll check them later.

Thus, I walked out to the street and got in my car to drive to my workplace. I was humming a song along the way.

Once I got there, I was welcomed by some of my co-workers who were already ready to work in their sectors. I waved to them in a cheerful tone and went to my sector to work on.

I love working in that toy factory. Mostly because as an engineer I could repair some stuff that went wrong with some machine. It mostly happens with making your friend's machine. It stops immediately when a part of a toy is stuck inside. Kids would be sad if they can't have their little friends in their hands. So that's where I always enter and do my best on getting the machine back to work.

The orphans were happy to see it back to work. Their cute faces, when they glitter and the way they just jump around and hug their friendly toy brought me satisfaction.

But I could not stay there and watch. I was already called to help in another area of the factory. Now there was always a problem with something.

It was the tall robot that is called Huggy. He was made to hug children when they wanted one. They could interact with him and he somehow answered them. Since I mostly am the one to repair his small glitch. I found it weird how he had an answer that was never put in his program.

Whereas I should have known that the scientist who worked on him must have put too much effort in him.

When all the children were put away to safety and mostly put to the 'making your friend's' area. I got to work. I went behind Huggy and started to search through the blue fur on his back for the button to deactivate him.

What I was surprised about was how fast he got. He grabbed my arm and yanked me away. This never happened before and it's terrifying when he looked at me with his big eyes that glitter a strange aura. There was also his mouth that was wide open! All those sharp teeth... I hope he won't bite my head off with that!

Just then, the 'robot' slowly walked over to me in a menacing way. I felt my heart beat faster. My breath hitched and got loud. I was frozen afraid and could not move an inch.

Until someone burst into the place and yelled to get my attention. It was one of the security guards. "Don't stand there! Run over here quickly!" Just as the man asked, I quickly crawled to him before standing up and running past the door. The guard closes the door just in time before Huggy gets to catch one of us.

I huffed and held on my chest. I never knew that the place I loved to work at would be suddenly dangerous.

The guard looked at me and put a hand on my shoulder. "Hey, are you alright?" He kindly asked me. Which I nodded my head as a yes. Yet I was still in shock at what just happened.

The guard quickly brings me over to the break room and lets me sit on a chair while he goes get a glass of water for me. Once it was put in front of me I signed a 'thank you' to him.

"You're welcome. Now I should report what happened with you and Huggy. This thing is definitely not working well anymore.." said the guard with a disgusted look when he mentioned Huggy wuggy.

You on the other hand were curious about him. How come he got violent? And why does he have a mouth that looks threatening? Too many questions were coming into your head, which made you have a small headache coming along.

You watch the guard leave the room. You took the glass of water and took a small sip of the cold liquid. You let out a sigh and leaned on your chair.

Looks like for the day of your birthday, it got down quickly to despair. Because after your small break of 10 minutes. You got back to work. You know that here you can't have a long break. If you get longer, you get fired immediately.

You walked slowly and felt watched over from behind. You took a small glance and saw nothing. Guess it was your imagination.

You got to where Richard and his friend were. The delivery place. You loved to have at least a talk with these two. Mostly with Richard. Despite how grumpy he sounded, even his friend enjoyed spending time with him.

But right now he seemed mad about something. His friend was also stressed about that. I went over to them to ask what was wrong. But it seems they did not notice me yet.

"Where are those damn Huggy boxes!?"

"Rich, calm down."

"You're right... We do this for the orphans."

Just then you saw how sad this sounded. It's like the boss of the place had made them work too much without a break from this morning.
I decided to leave and leave them alone. I could not do anything about that. I'm mostly mute. I don't know how to help with a situation like that. I was always happy here. Now I kinda feel depressed.

I went into the vent and just let the rail transport me to another vent. I like to wander in those. It gets me faster to the other area I work in. I know that this is dangerous, and also that my boss doesn't like to see me wander in those.

Talking about him... He was there, at the outside of the vent I was in, with his arms crossed. When I got out he gave me a stern look. "You got in an accident with our mascot and now you wander in the vents again like nothing happen? I have shame on you (y/n)." He spoke strictly to me. I looked down and rubbed my arms nervously. Looks like it is a bad day today.

"Since you don't take this seriously... I am obligated to fire you." Your eyes widen surprised as you look up to your boss. You quickly move your hands around in panic. 'mister please, you can't do that! I-I love working here a-and I'm mostly the one that repairs the machines! W-Who will do that if I'm g-gone!?' Leith Pierre looks at you without a change of his blank serious face. "I'm sorry miss/mister. But you'll have to get out of here" He said as he pointed to the exit.

You sadly looked down and walked over to the exit of the factory. Tears started to go up in your sight. You blurry see from where you were going. You bumped into someone and signed a slow 'sorry' and kept walking to the outside. You did not know you had actually bumped into a certain bloody blue fluffy toy...

You get in your car and drive back to your home. You check your mailbox to see nothing in it. Looks like people forgot to give you a gift card as usual. You closed the box and went to your apartment.

Once inside you silently cried and fell to your knees. This day was the worst. You had no one celebrating your birthday and you got fired from your boss because you got in an accident and had to wander in vents.

You lay down on the floor and hugged yourself as you kept crying. You were not motivated to go to your bed. So you fall asleep there, on the cold floor with no one to comfort you.

You were nobody to anybody's eyes.

To be continued...