Chapter 18

Everything was fine for you. Well not really. On your peaceful walk with your child... It seems you two took so long to walk that the cat duo with Poppy were able to catch up on you.

No, you were on the run with a heavy child clinging on your back for dear life. It seems Derpy doesn't like the situation at all or maybe he was enjoying having a piggy back ride during the chase.

"Stop yourself! Stop! You are going to a dangerous zone!"

"Yeah! Over there is where that deadly gas is!"

But you ignore their calls as you seem to have better stamina than the three behind you. If there is a deadly gas, then you can just hold your breath and path through it. It's not like it was going to be there on the whole way.

You should have listened to them....

Now you and Derpy are stuck at the sight of red smoke everywhere you glanced at. You never had seen this stuff before. Well you have to work only a certain part in the project. So you were never over the play area a lot. You only passed by to greet someone you only enjoyed to see. Well that is what the memories you got back told you. Yet that person was always blurry... A black silhouette.

You snap out of your thoughts as you feel Derpy hands pat your shoulders. He seems to warn you that the both of you won't keep it in that steam of red if you don't move faster.

You rolled your eyes and continued to rush through the smoke until you had to take some turns that almost made you lose your breath. But you were able to reach the end of this. You found a room designed to keep some equipment against that red smoke. You burst through the room and closed the door quickly behind to not let that deadly gas inside.

You both could breathe. You have found the checkpoint that will help you breathe through that maze. You look at the section and were lucky to spot two masks with some oxygen bottles.

You quickly equip the mask with the oxygen bottle on before you proceed to equip the other mask on Derpy. Who decided to be whiny and tried to kick this away. You sigh and stop forcing you to know this won't help the situation. So you put the mask down and gesture to him to look at you.

He looked at you curiously as he stopped to trash around the room. You showed him how to put the mask on yourself. Then you gesture to him to do the same. Which he did in a slow move. He was not at all comfortable putting that mask on. Plus the colors and how it looked kinda reminded him of those people that used to treat them as animals.

Once he put the mask on his face. He looked at you. You proudly gave him a thumb up since now the mask was covering both of your face. Each can't see the expression the other was showing. But the thumbs up helped Derpy to relax from his stressed moment.

You two were ready to proceed and walk through that red toxic brume filling out this safe room.

As a precaution you holded Derpy close to you and have the two of you carefully walk in the place. If there was less smoke you swear you could have known this area. Mostly before the texture and materials that were showing from the lights and spots that were less full of.... Red substance.

You and the adopted child kinda felt the need to go faster out of there. With those masks the both of you can't see clearly. Plus there could be some dangerous toy mascot hidden that really wants to hurt you two if you stay any longer there..

At one point you had to stop at some intersection. You have four hallways leading to different directions. Luckily there was some panel saying where those would lead to.

On your left, it leads to a lab. That's not where you need to go. Another lab after the one you have found from that secret elevator you have found with Huggy at that office only gave you a bad memory..