Chapter 8

You just stare at your injured wrist. You look at the direction where the sword was flying and saw Chris was staring at you. At that moment you feel someone take and touch the wound on your wrist gently. You look at that person and find that person was Ethan.

(Ethan pov)

I could feel the presence of someone from a distance but I didn’t pay attention to it. I continued to look at Her Majesty in astonishment, not long after that I saw a sword fly towards Her Majesty and cut Her Majesty's wrist until it bled. I could feel a very strong anger in me then I immediately went towards Her Majesty and took her hand gently.

“Your Majesty do you feel pain in your wrist?”

I looked at Her Majesty who shook her head signifying she was not in pain. I breathed a sigh of relief and healed Her Majesty’s wounds with my magic. After she was healed she took her hand and saw the result of my work, she thanked me for treating her wound and I could not help but rubbed her head gently. I can feel my anger just now began to subside for a moment, but that doesn't mean I forgot the damn human's actions against Her Majesty.

Unconsciously I had released a very strong aura causing the bandits who attacked the palace earlier to faint due to lack of breath caused by my aura. I felt Her Majesty's hand pat my shoulder gently and told me to go up to the castle because she wanted to solve her own problem and I should not interfere. Although I wanted to argue but I knew that I should listen to her.

(3rd pov)

Once you saw Ethan go back up to the castle, you look back at the bandits and release the golden thorn from their bodies.

“I've let them go so what do you want?” You said while crossing your arms.

Chris seemed hesitant to approach you but he dared to approach you. You take his sword that is stuck in the ground near you and give it back to him. He looked at his sword hesitantly and then looked at you again.

“Don't worry I just want to return this sword to its original owner. So are the bandits your friends?” You said while pointing at the bandits who were fainting.

Chris didn't answer you and just shook his head. You look at him strangely and question him again.

“Are you unable to speak or are you too scared to speak? Don't worry, I won't attack you unless you attack me first.”

He took his sword from your hand with his trembling hands and opened his mouth to speak.

“Did you kill my soldiers?”

You looked at Chris in a daze as you pointed your index finger at yourself.

“Hmmm... Me?”

He just nodded his head and placed his sword back to his waist. You shake your head to say no then point at the fainting bandits.

“Nope.. I didn't kill them. I was in my palace all the time with my people. The bandits did it.”

“Why are you so sure that they did it?”

You explained to him that you were making observations outside the palace grounds with Quinn at that time. You accidentally see the bandits attack the soldiers and kill them using their dragons. The man said why didn’t you help them and you answered what results you would get if you helped them then. The man was silent for a moment then he said you would get an appreciation from him and you replied you didn’t need an appreciation. He gives up and asks you another question.