Chapter 20

After you told Ethan and Enzo to go back to the castle, you went about your day as usual but before that you had to go out and find Zevan first.

You are worried about the panic that will occur at school if someone sees Zevan in the form of a dragon even if he is small, According to the lesson you learned in this school, dragons are rare and have a higher level of danger than other monsters. So if a dragon is seen wandering around without its owner, the dragon will be hunted down and sealed, which is good, but if not, the dragon will be killed.

But you don't care about that because this is Zevan and he knows how to take care of himself but what you worry about is if Zevan says you are his owner. Since dragons are rare, to keep them as pets there must be a license, so if someone is found keeping dragons without a license they will be severely punished and unfortunately you don't have a license for keeping Zevan.

During your search for the little dragon, you take the opportunity to wander around the school to get know the places and roads so that you don't get lost in the future.

The sun is already high above your head which means it's almost noon and the little dragon a.k.a. Zevan hasn't been found yet. You just hope that no one finds him before you and also hope that he returns to your dorm soon so that he doesn't make any trouble that will involve you later.

After looking for him almost several hours you decide to stop this quest and go back to your dorm to spend your time doing nothing until school starts again and hope Zevan is already there and waiting for you. As you walk towards your dormitory you pass a flower garden path that has a large statue, resembles a female deity holding a crystal ball in the middle of the flowers.

You stopped for a moment and looked at the statue of the goddess who had six large wings on her back. Your attention is only focused on the empty face of the female deity who has no face carving as if she had no facial appearance since she was first created.

While you were looking at the faceless female deity, your mind suddenly remembered the incident that happened yesterday where the black shadow almost caught you.

You remember the voice that was like a broken radio, the eyes that were red and burning but there was no evil intent behind them and the way its black clawed hands trying to reach for you.

"He's here, he's always watching you, he is a liar, everything he says is a lie, be careful or YOU WILL BE KILLED BY HIS LIES." Said the black shadow before its was hit by Zevan's magic.

You didn't understand what the black shadow meant, but every word it said made the hairs on the back of your neck stand on end. His words made you feel a little worried and the words "killed by his lies" had been ringing in your mind since yesterday.

You don't know who the person it is referring to, what kind of face, hair, skin color, eye color and height that person has. It is very unclear and you hope you can get clear information about that person so that you can be more careful if you meet him one day.

The worry inside you is increasing, not only you have to worried about the presence of a black shadow but now you also have to worried about the presence of a new unknown figure that can harm you anytime without you knowing.

Now you are becoming more and more confused, what is the real reason for black shadow tell you that, can his word be trusted? What if it's just a trick to trap you. Who is that person, if he/she is really watching you, you must already know where he/she is because you can detect the aura of all things in all places.

While you were still in your thoughts, you didn't notice a boy sneaking up behind you before he jumped and made you both fall to the floor where he lay on your back with his arms around your waist while you lay with your face kissing the ground.

"Hahahahah.. I got you!" He said while laughing.

You didn't move and just stayed in your position which made the boy stop and became worried then panicked. He immediately got up from your body and knelt in front of you with a worried face.

With his trembling hands, he brought his two fingers closer to you neck and try to find your pulse. However, before his fingers could touch your neck he was startled by your hand that suddenly went to his waist and pulled him close to you, he was silent for a moment before his face turned into horror when he saw your wicked smile before you started tickling him making him thrash around and laughing loudly.

He yelled as he laughed begging you to stop but you just pretended not to hear him and continued to tickle him until he almost passed out from breathlessness. Seeing his red face and gasping for breath, you stopped tickling him and let him catch his breath so he wouldn't pass out.

The boy just laid there taking deep breaths and letting them out slowly for a few minutes before he got up.

When he stood up you noticed that his shirt and face were full of dirt along with some plasters on his knees and face. He just casually looked at you with his innocent cognac brown eyes and a smiled on his face, the way the sunlight shines right on his face and how his brown hair swayed gently in the passing wind makes him look cute in your eyes.

"As much as I want to scold you about how your way of surprising people is dangerous, I'm more curious to know why your body is covered in dirt and wounds? Did you go to the forest again?" You said with a serious look on your face as you crossed y...

"As much as I want to scold you about how your way of surprising people is dangerous, I'm more curious to know why your body is covered in dirt and wounds? Did you go to the forest again?" You said with a serious look on your face as you crossed your arms.

Theo just scratched the back of his neck with an awkward chuckle before he apologized for pushing you down. He says he can't help it, he really misses meeting you and spending time with you, since you are busy with homework and school activities, he doesn't dare to disturb you.

You just looked at him and muttered, whose fault was it that you had to be in your current situation. But you can't do anything because you're already here and you just have to accept it.

You sighed and looked over at Theo who didn't stop talking about what he's been up to these past few days and telling funny stories he saw when he was downtown. While you were listening to Theo's story, you suddenly realized something was wrong that you just noticed.

"Why can't I feel Theo's aura?"

End of Chapter 20

__________________________________________

So, who do you think the black shadow is referring to?

🤔