Chapter 17

The sun has set and now the sky has changed into night. Luca was standing at a window looking at the full moon with a box in his hand. His long hair moved slowly in the blowing wind and the delicate skin of his face shone in the moonlight. His face would look very graceful and elegant if it wasn't for his frowning.

He didn't know how the black shadow could get into the castle grounds without being detected by Enzo's barrier. This had happened for the second time where the black shadow had invaded the palace without being detected.

That's not the only thing that makes Luca frown, the sudden arrival of the black shadow is not only a problem for Luca, the problem is what its says about you. He recalls his first meeting with the black shadow a days after you left the palace.

- Flashback -

Luca is in a state of confusion and worries for your safety. This is a foreign place and letting a Queen out for a long time without any guards is the most high risk of being killed. Luca knows and believes that you can take care of yourself out there but he can't help but worry about you. All your subordinates also think the same like Luca except for Chris who still doesn't know your true strength.

Chris who is always unable to calm down is causing problems in your castle as he has tried many times to jump down from the floating castle just to follow you. Luckily Enzo was there, as he was the one who always restrained Chris by hardening his barrier to prevent Chris from jumping down from the top of the sky which was hundreds of meters high.

He can't help it because he's so worried about you going to come across his people who really hates half creatures. He fears that later you will accidentally meet his father's guards or soldiers because they will not think twice to kill you without mercy.

With a tumultuous situation in the palace due to your absence, Luca decided to leave the place and went to his office room to calm himself from his dizzy head. As he opened the door of his office room he was startled by the presence of a faint black shadow standing outside the window.

Upon seeing Luca's figure, the black shadow smiled broadly and entered Luca's office by breaking through the wall. Luca immediately casts his magic and ready to attacks the black shadow but before Luca does, the black shadow seemed to know what Luca was going to do, so he immediately transformed himself into a liquid and covered Luca's breathing space by wrapping himself around Luca's face.

"I will... release you if... you... want to... listen to me... first..." The black shadow said on Luca's face.

Luca didn't seem to listen to the black shadow as he tried to use his magic to get rid of the black shadow from his face. Seeing the action, the black shadow just uttered 'tch' and used the concentrated liquid on his body to cover Luca's hands and absorb all the mana in Luca's body.

The mana that had been absorbed by the black shadow from Luca's body caused Luca to become weak and powerless to fight back. When Luca almost fainted because of tired and out of breath, the black shadow began to released itself from Luca's face and dropped on the floor as it returned to its original form.

When the black shadow had released itself from Luca's face, Luca also fell to the floor as he coughed hard with his face reddened due to the lack of oxygen earlier.

Luca glared sharply at the black shadow as he rose back to attack but his step was stopped as he was slammed hard against the wall by the black shadow.

"Stop fighting... or... your Queen's life... will be in danger..." The black shadow said in a firm tone.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO HER MAJESTY?!" Luca could do nothing but shout angrily upon hearing the words from the black shadow.

"Don't worry... I didn't do... anything to... her... But she... looks scared... of me..." The black shadow said in a slightly aggrieved and sad tone.