Chapter Sixteen - Last Chance

$Drake$

"Nigga, why don't you just tell her that you want to be with her," Ryan passed me the blunt.

I looked at it and inhaled. "It's not that simple, Riley and I both have a lot of baggage. I really don't think it's a good idea to mix the two."

He looked at me then laughed. "Don't be scared."

"Shit, I'm not. I honestly don't think she likes me like that," I finished off the blunt and sat it in the ashtray. "I don't know how many times I had tried to get her and-"

"Man, have you tried to just fuck her or get to know her?"

"I know her-"

"What's her middle name? Hell, what's her birth name?" he looked at me waiting for a answer but I couldn't give him one. Was I really falling for someone I didn't know? Does it even matter?

❇Riley❇

I walked around the house, aimlessly looking for something to do. Drake was downstairs with Ryan smoking and talking rather loud. Drake told me to stay here and watch TV, but I don't follow rules well so I walk outside in the backyard and lit a blunt I found in the bathroom.

First person I know to keep these laying around like this..

I sat on the side of the pool with my feet in the water. It was the first time in a while that it was even hot enough to be outside. I heard footsteps so I threw the blunt in the pool and fanned away the rest of the smoke.

"Ry," Drake's voice called me. "We need to talk,"

I continued looking at the water as he stopped behind me. Even though the air in front of me reeked of weed, I could smell his wonderful scent. Wonderful scent? Really?

What is this man doing to me?

"Riley!" Drake shouted. "Are you listening to me?"

"I didn't realize you were talking,"
That was suppose to be in my head.

"Why is there half a blunt floating in my pool?" he kneeled down beside me. "You been smoking?"

My eyes grew wide as I searched my mind for an excuse...but my mind was blank.

I turn my head and looked him in my eyes. "Kiss me.."

"What?"

He didn't hesitate any longer once I moved my head closer to his. It wasn't long before his tongue asked for entry into my mouth and I gladly accepted.

The taste of his lips almost sent me over the egde..I must stop..but can't.

He placed his hand on the back of my neck pulling me farther into him. By this time, he was sitting beside me with his legs seatched behide me while my feet were still in the water.

"Ahem!!"

We broke apart and turned at the same time to see Ryan looking at us with his arms folded.

I just looked back at the pool nervously while Drake entertained the conversation.

"What?"

"Nothing, just had to clear my throat," then I heard him walk away.

Even though I was embarrassed by the situation, I couldn't help but laugh.

"What's funny?" Drake nudged me.

I tired to calm down. "Why are you two friends?"

"Why do you breathe air? And I know you been smoking weed." he got in my face and brush a strand of hair out of my face. "I just wants what's best for you."

He sure has a way with words.