Chapter Forty-Two - Like You'll Never See Me Again..

$Drake$

"Why didn't anybody tell me?"

Carla got from her original seat and sat beside me. "She didn't want you to know. She wanted this kid to be loved and she felt like if you knew, you wouldn't accept him,"

"Him?" I lifted my head a little.

She nodded and smiled softly but you could see tears in her eyes. "Yeah, she is back there having you're son while risking her life."

I hit my forehead. "How could I have been so stupid? Why did I let her go? I could have helped her."

Sharon handed me a cup of coffee. "Riley has always been a sneaky girl, even if you two were together, you still wouldn't have known."

My face started to get hot as I wiped my eyes. "I can't lose her, man. Not now, not like this. I gotta do something,"

Carla rubbed my back. "There is nothing more we can do,"

I didn't know what else to do so I started to pray.

-----

I looked at my watch then at everyone that was around me, mostly everyone was on their phones but I couldn't concentrate on just one thing. The people that were here was Carla, Sharon, her husband, Derek, Eric, Naya, Shakayla and Chubbs.

"The family of Madison Thompson," the nurse called.

I got up first and ran up to her. "Is she okay?"

"The baby is premature so he is in the intensive care unit. The rest of the family can visit him but Ms. Thompson ask to just see you,"

I nodded slightly while everyone else went to separate way.

It felt like we were walking around forever until we stopped at Riley's room.

"Be sure to sit close to her so she won't have to strain he voice," she advised me as she opened the door.

I carefully walked inside and saw Riley laying in bed hooked up to a breathing machine as she has IV's in both arms. Looking at her like this is breaking what's left of my heart.
"Hey," I sat a chair close to her and grabbed her hand.

"Drake, hey," she smiled. "Did you see him?"

I kiss her hand. "No, not yet but I will for sure. I'm sorry,"

"Don't do that," she coughed slightly. "You can't just stop being mad at me because you know what going to happen to me,"

I bit my lip to keep myself from crying. "I don't want to lose you again,"

"You won't, you have a piece of me in Aj," she smiled softly.

I looked at her. "Aj?"

She laughed. "You are a senior now,"

I mean mugged her. "You really did not do that to our son, did you?"

"There is nothing wrong with it, I love that name as much as I love you,"

I caressed her hand, try to burn this moment in my memory. "Say it again,"

She touched my face. "I love you Drake and I'm sorry it took this to make me say it,"

"I knew you did from your actions," I closed my eyes as she rubbed my face gently.

"Drake," she tapped my face. "I need you to listen to me and understand what I am about to say,"

I nodded as she continued to touch me, like it would be the last time she does.

"I don't have long, I asked to be put in a medical induced coma tomorrow night, I can't keep going through this pain. Since tomorrow is my birthday, I want to spend it with everyone that loves me once in my lifetime but I want you to be the last person I ever see. I know this is a lot but I want this,"

I shook my head and looked down.

"Drake! Look at me,"

I looked at her.

"Please?"

I just nodded still slightly scared of this would situation. I buried my face in her hand an covered my face, crying silently.

"Drake, please don't forget that when I die, you need to move on with your life, get married and have kids, that's all I want for you. That is one of the reasons I giving Mama Carla custody of Aj, your life doesn't have to stop just because mine is," she picked up my head and wiped my eyes. "I left some stuff for you and Aj to look at when I am gone, it's at Carla's house,"

I stood up and kissed her lip softly as tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Hello, baby Aj coming through," the nurse pushed the incubator into the room that had the tiniest baby in it.

I looked over at Riley and she smiled gently looking at the child we created. I placed my finger in the palm of his quarter size hand and he squeezed it.

"He is a fighter," the nurse commented as she wrote on his chart.

I chuckled slightly. "Like his mom,"

"Drake, can you get my family so we can all spend time together?" Riley tried her best to sit up.

I nodded. I made it my mission to make this girl feel as special as she can until the end.

*********

One more chapter after this....(╥﹏╥)

I remember when I started, I was so scared people wouldn't like it but I'm pretty proud of how good this book did..

Crazy ending, right??