Chapter Twenty-Eight - Press For Time..

*A few weeks later..*

❇Riley❇

"Riley, get up and eat please," Eric begged. He is kindly letting me say in his apartment with him that he uses when he's in school. I refused to go back to the house and Sharon knows why because Ryan said that she was talking to Carla when he went to get some of my stuff.

"I am not hungry,"

"You said that yesterday, you need something," he sat a plate of salad beside me.

I honestly wasn't hungry, that's one of the side effects of having cancer.

"Can you please leave?" I asked, I really wanted to be alone.

He shook his head. "Not until you eat?"

I picked up the plate and the fork and eat five bites, it was big bites.

"Happy?" I said with a mouth full of food.

He nodded. "Yes, very," he got up and started to walk out the room.

I picked up the trash can near by any spit what I had in my mouth, in the trash. I started to lay back down but my head started pounding beyond belief.

"Ahhhhhh, shit!" I screamed.

Eric ran back to the room. "What?" he put his hand on my shoulder. "What the hell? Your nose is bleeding,"

Before I knew it, I blacked out.

-------

I slowly opened my eyes as they adjusted to the light that was shining in my face.

When I looked around, I realized that I was in the hospital emergency room, hooked up to a few machines.

"You're up?" Eric walked in the room. "How you feeling?"

I shrugged. "It hurts to move oddly,"

As Eric was about to say something, the doctor walked in.

"Riley, I'm Dr. Ali, a cancer specialist," he checked my vitals. "how are you?"

"In a little pain," I sit up even though it hurts so bad.

He sat at the desk and started typing on a computer. "You have cancer, yes?"

I nodded. "And COPD,"

"Ah, according to your chart, your cancer is spreading. If you don't have surgery soon, it could be fatal."

I looked at Eric confused. "But they said I just need a blood transfusion,"

"In surgeries, such as the one you need, you lose a lot of blood. The transfusion is for when you do lose that blood, we will have something to replace it with," the doctor looked at the chart once more. "With all the traveling you did, your body is giving out."

"Could I give her my blood?" Eric grabbed my hand.

Dr. Ali turned to Eric. "We can test to see if you're a match,"

-----

$Drake$

I walked up to the door and knocked.

"Who is it?" a female voice said.

I cleared my throat. "Aubrey."

The door open to reveal a younger looking woman. As soon as she realize who I was, her mouth hung open.

"Oh my god, you're Drake!" she screamed.

I smiled slightly. "Yeah, is Carla here?"

"You know my mom?" her eyes lit up.

So I'm guessing that this is Riley's sister.

I walked inside and closed the door. "Is she?"

"Naya, who are you talking to?" an older lady came out the back. "May I help you?"

It's now or never.

"I'm here on the behalf of Riley,"

She looked at me strange. "Naya, go to your room please,"

The young woman did what she was told but not before waving at me.

"Who are you to her?" Carla walked closer to me.

I looked her straight in the eye. "I am someone who cares about your daughter so much and I can't watch her die,"

"Die?"

"She has cancer and she needs a blood transfusion soon, I just got a call today about it." I started to shake. "She is to proud to say something but I had to because I can't lose her again,"

She looked at me with compassion. "I'll leave tonight,"

"I can get us there faster,"