Chapter Thiry-Nine - Killing Me Softly...

❇Riley❇

I picked up the remote control beside me and began flipping through the channels until I  stopped suddenly on a show, I didn't know what it was exactly about and I didn't really care. I just needed some noise to drown out my own thoughts.

“Do you think you really should be watching that?”  Eric walked out of his room and into the living room where I was with some of his school books.

I shrugged. “I don't know what ‘that’ is?” From the looks of it, it was about a high school.

He looked over at me. “It's Degrassi,-”

Before he could stay anymore, Drake's face appeared on the screen, sitting in a wheelchair. I bust out laughing.

“What's so funny?”

I turned on my side, laughing as hard as I could as tears streaming down my cheeks. I'm not sure what made me laugh so hysterically, I can't really portray my feelings correctly.

“Can I tell you something?” I said softly as I finally calm down.

He nodded.

I inhaled deeply. “I'm pregnant...”

Eric smiled slightly. “I know,”

“How?”

He shuffled around a little. “I could tell, you been acting weird lately,”

I turned my attention back to the television. “You tell anyone?”

“Why would I?”

I didn't answer that question. “Can I tell you something else?”

He laughed. “Why do you keep asking me that? You know you can tell me anything?”

“Carla and Naya are going to be here tomorrow and when they go back to Atlanta...I'm going too,” my eyes remained on the television, I know he was staring at me, his eyes felt like it was burning a hole in my head.

“You can't be serious?” he walked to the TV and turned it off.

I nodded. “I am, there is nothing here for me anymore, I want my baby to have what I didn't, I want it to know his or her family,”

“What about Drake?”

I scoffed. “What about him? He accused me of cheating on him! I actually lo-...Ugh!” I walked in the kitchen. “I need ice cream.”

“Ry, you're like my sister, but if that's what you want, I have no choice but to be okay with it,”

I felt bad for leaving him like that but I need to look out for myself and this little one that is growing inside me. The main reason I am doing this is because Carla agreed to let me say with her after I told her everything that happened between Drake and I.

I just want this child to have the family I didn't so when I do...depart from this life, the child will have family to be there for him/her.

“You ready for graduation?” Eric looked at me.

I smiled slightly and nodded. “Yeah, I'm going to miss you so much,” I felt tears come down my face as I lunged at him, hugging him as tight as I could. Eric was truly the only person who hasn't done anything to me and I love him for that.

*The Next Day*

“Hey girl,” Naya hugged me tightly as she walked inside. “How are you?”

“Better than yesterday,” I smiled brightly as we both sat down.

We agreed to meet at the at the group home, after I know for sure that Sharon wasn't going to be there, since that was the only place I could think of to meet.

Carla was talking to a few workers to thank them for taking care of me since birth almost and all that other stuff. This is the first time Naya and I had a face to face conversation since the transfusion.

“Enough talk about me, how have you been?” I smiled as best as I could, I'm not going to lie, I am hurting inside without that man.

She pulled her phone out of her pocket and show me a picture once she found it. “Great now that me and Zero are back together again,”

“And who is that?” I laughed at how often she changes boyfriends.

“It's this emo guy that I just fell in love with,” she gushed. “You'll meet him when we go back home,”

Home... Where exactly is that for me?

“So are you excited about about graduation?” Naya clapped her hands excitedly.

I nodded. “Of course, I'm extra excited because you and Carla are here to share this moment with me,”

“Yeah, mom is trying and I totally understand why. She made it her mission to be here,” she looked at the floor. “I'm sorry about you and Drake but what I can't understand is, why did he get so mad about something you didn't even do,”

I sighed. “I think it was more about because he really wasn't sure what was going on so he decided to go with me cheating on him,”

“Why didn't you tell him the truth?”

I laughed lightly. “Which one? Me being pregnant or me dying of cancer? He wouldn't want it anyway,”

She made a face. “I think you're giving him less credit than he deserves, I don't think he's like that Ry,”

“Well, we won't ever know”

********

Had to update today since its my birthday!!

Yeah!!!!

I updated A Boss's Love Affair, my new Drake Fanfiction and It All Started With You so check them out!

-MsDebbraGraham