Chapter Nineteen - Really Bad Timing

❇Riley❇

"So are you going to tell me why a guy was at your apartment with random girls?" Ms. Sharon eyed me as I sunk into the couch.

Damn you, Ryan and your smash stop!

"Where are you living?"

"With a rapper," I said what a nonchalant attitude.

"Name?"

I sighed. "Drake."

She shook her head. "What? Why?"

"It really doesn't matter, I need to know if you know if I have any relatives around." I know she was about to say why so I kept talking. "I need a blood transfusion because of the cancer I have. Its not that aggressive right now but I don't know about later."

Ms. Sharon and Eric both watched me in remorse for my condition. At that moment, I regret telling them because it made me feel like a helpless child.

"Eric, take Riley to go get her stuff from that man's house." She gave Eric her car keys. "Riley, you are staying with us,"

"But-"

"We'll talk about finding your family later,"

I forgot how persistent and how strong her personality is.

$Drake$

I raced around the kitchen making sure that the table was set and the candles was lit. I am in the process of making Riley a romantic dinner, garlic roasted chicken, herb and cheese mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Also, I want to tell her how I feel about her. I have known her for almost six months and I have never had such strong feelings for someone. She is just not some typical girl that wants to fuck a rapper, she is so much more.

I popped open a bottle of wine and poured it into two glasses. After about five minutes, there was a knock at the door.

I went to the door and looked out the peephole to see it was Riley.

"Aye girl," I opened the door. "You hungry?"

She looked at me then walked upstairs. Still playing games, are we?

I went upstairs and saw that she was packing. "Going somewhere?"

"I have no choice,"

"Whoa," I turned her around and made her look at me. "There is always a choice. What's going on?"

❇Riley❇

I debated whether or not to tell him the truth but either way he is going to be hurt. Drake rubbed my cheek gently. "You're gonna leave me?"

It felt like my heart is breaking. I wrapped my arms around his body and broke down crying.

"Drake, I have cancer and I don't know what to do. I don't want to die!" he was holding me at this point. "I know I'm not the best person but I am not a bad person."

"Riley, just because you have cancer doesn't mean you gonna die," Drake sat me on the floor as I had my head buried in his chest. "When did you find out?"

"When we went to the doctor. I told Sharon about it and she insists on me living with her because..."
I stopped and looked away. Another lie that is about to surface.

"What?"

I sighed. "I need a blood transfusion, that's the real reason I wanted to find someone in my family,"

I felt his grip tighten around me, it was nice and it felt secure. I removed myself from him because I know I was making his shirt wet. "I got to go, text me tomorrow, okay?"

He nodded and smiled. "I will,"

To break down my barrier and cry like that to him is something I have never done before with anyone. Maybe it's because everytime I get close to someone they end up leaving. I hope it doesn't happen this time.

I looked up at him as we stood up. "Thank you,"

"For what?"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into me making our lips crash together.

He ran his fingers through my hair as I relaxed under his embrace.

It was like heaven as our lips dance together for that short while.

"You're welcome," he rubbed my cheek gently and kissed my forehead.

I looked down and smiled. "Okay, let me leave before Sharon gets a search party together to look for me and Eric," then I put my bag over my shoulder and went downstairs.