Chapter Forty - This Magic Moment...

$Drake$

"Nigga, you need be getting dressed," Chubbs barged in my room.

"For?"

"Riley's graduation, don't act like you don't remember," he looked in my closet. "You the one that told me about it,"

I scoffed. "Do it look like I'm going to that shit? Ask Ryan to go since he fucking her,"

"You trippin," he sat beside me. "I know and you know Riley ain't like that, you just saying that shit cause you mad at her,"

"I met her in a fucking strip club! I should have known better." I covered my face. "She played me,"

I felt some clothes being tossed on my lap. "The Drake I know would support that girl even if they ain't together. She needs you more than anything now,"

"What she needs is to go to hell,"

❇Riley❇

"I'm so proud of you," Carla hugged me.

I smiled. "Thank you,"

We were in the college auditorium, in the back where all the graduates and their families and friends can talk to them before going on stage.

We had about ten minutes until it was time.

"Eric, Sharon and Derek are here, are you okay with that?" Carla fixed my cap.

I nodded slightly. "Yeah, I'm okay,"

And I was, I don't like being mad all the time and today was not the day to let past issues ruin a day that I worked hard for. I just don't want to be angry anymore.

"Is that the only ones that are here?" I asked, not sure what I was really asking.

She looked at me sympathetically. "Yeah, I'm sorry about what happened,"

I looked away from her because I felt tears starting to form.

"It's time!" Ms. LaToya yelled to her group of graduates.

Carla hugged me once again. "See you soon,"

------

"These next group of graduates proved that skill and determination can conquer the world and to me, they have already done just that. These past sixteen week have not been easy for them but they push forward and accomplish there goal, some of the bright women and men will eventually open there own salons, style celebrities or even be famous from the work that they will do. I see great promise in each and every one of my students!" Ms. LaToya beamed with pride. "I now present to each of you you're diplomas or certificates which proves that you are certified in the beautician field."

There was only fifteen of us so we were all sitting on stage in order as she handed out the papers.

Rachel looked at me and smiled. "We did it,"

I smiled brightly and looked out into the crowd. Carla, Naya, Eric, Sharon and Derek all stood up and clapped as Ms. LaToya handed me my certificate.

At that moment, I felt like somebody, like I had a purpose in life. I didn't feel like a child that has been known to be bad or like a girl who was abandoned by my mom.

Riley was that girl who went through all kind of hell in her life and I didn't want that to be connected to me.

Madison was the girl who was filled with lots of love and support by her family and friends and that who I wanted to be...

When I opened up my certificate, I became just what I wanted..

Madison Camila Thompson