Chapter Twenty-Six - Needing You

❇Riley❇

I'm at a loss for words. I keep looking at the picture, thinking this could somehow be a mistake.

Madison?

"Riley? You okay?" Eric waved his hand in front of my face.

I got up and walked to the door and pressed the button to the elevator.

Why? Why didn't someone tell me that Sharon is best friends with my birth mother? All this time, I didn't think she wanted anything to do with me.

I reached into my pocket and pulled out Ryan's number he gave me on a napkin.

"Excuse me, could I use your phone?" I asked the lady at the front desk of the hotel I'm starting in.

"Sure," she smiled.

After she give me the cordless phone, I quickly dialed the number. Luckily, he picked up after only ringing twice.

"Yo,"

It took everything within me not to break down and cry.

"I-I-I n-n-eed-"

I just lost it, it became so hard to speak, like I had a lump in my throat.

"Riley? You okay?"

I shook my head. "I can't-"

"Where are you?"

I looked over to one of the brochures and took a deep breath. "Hampton Inn,"

"What floor?"

"Third, I think,"

"Well, can you go to the fifth floor, room 208?"

"Okay,"

I ended the call and proceeded back to the elevator with a million things going through my head. I impatiently waited for the elevator to open it's doors, repeatedly pressing the button.

After the doors open to reveal the fifth floor, I began to run as fast as I could, while reading the numbers on the door as I went by.

'206'

'207'

'208'

I stood at the door for a minute, trying to get myself together but I just kept crying. I haven't cried so much in my life, I just keep it all inside.

As I straighten up, the door open.

"Geez Riley, you sure you okay?"

It was as if all of my emotions kinda came all at once.

"Is he here?"

"Yea, but he's sleepi-"

I made my way to the room, where he was in fact sleeping soundly on his side. I walked to the side of the bed he was facing, took off my shoes and got in bed, wrapping his muscular arms around me.

This is what I needed more than anything, to feel his embrace around me.

I laid my head in his chest but I stayed completely still when I felt him move his head to my hair and inhaled deeply.

"I missed you," he whispered softly.

I could feel the tears start to come back. "I missed you too,"

"Why you here?" he said quietly.

I wrapped my arms around him, trying to bring me closer to his body. "I think I found my real mom, her name is Carla,"