01, here comes the grump

 YOU.

ever since you left the chūbu region, life has been different. back then, you were attached to the hip to your mother and stayed with her at the family house, even when the company you were working at was three stations away. back then, you allowed people at work to walk all over you as if your title as a chief officer doesn't scare them - and that, you thought, was okay (even when it's not). back then, if you've got work at 8 in the morning, you're already up and ready to leave by 7:15 - but today, that's not exactly the case.

you've broken so many bad habits that you're starting to break the good ones. or maybe living independently hasn't worked out for you yet, and you haven't completely adjusted to the fact that you're not smelling bacon and eggs at 6:00 with your mom furiously knocking at your door to wake you up like a madwoman.

because now, it's 7 am, and you have nothing but a refrigerated sandwich you had to microwave, messy un-blow dried hair, a pair of shoes that hug your feet a little too tight than you're comfortable with, and a broken watch.

but there's no room to complain and to stress over the little details today, because the bigger problem is that it's your first day at the bonten corporation and you're already running late.

you check your watch for the time once again, the hands of the clock were still on the same numbers as it did when you last checked 15 minutes ago. yep, it's broken, you heaved a sigh but didn't take it off anyway, you're pretty sure that there's a place in the mall where you can change the old set of batteries after work. you just have to get used to the fact that your watch is unreliable today, and the only place where you can check the time is on your phone - because your wall clocks were still buried somewhere in one of the boxes you haven't had the chance to open yet.

you took a bite of your sandwich - not caring if the heat burned every taste bud on your tongue - then, set it down and blow-dried your hair while you chewed. this process repeated for about 6 more times until your hair was completely dry and your food was finished. sure, it wasn't exactly the way you prepared in the morning back at home nor was it the way you wanted things to happen but you're not late for work yet. that's got to mean something, right?