08, a punch for good measure

⿻ RINDOU

⿻ RINDOU.

is it possible to feel attraction towards someone you hate? was on rindou's most recent search on google. according to the internet, it was normal to be attracted to someone by their physical appearance even when they're the absolute worst person on the planet, which assures the lilac haired man that he's not going insane. for a whole moment there, he thought that he actually li - li... li...

he can't even bring himself to say the word like along with your name.

he steals a glance at your vacant table, thanking the heavens above that you weren't in the office because he's enjoying the peace and quiet. the only sound that accompanied him as of the moment were the ticking of the clock on his table, which briefly showed that it's 47 minutes past the hour of 5, and the unusual hum of the AC that they never got to check.

so, with this new sense of tranquility, rindou leans back on his leather chair and closed his eyes to relax before the end of his shift. he wondered where you've gone off to, curious because you haven't been in the office for almost half of the day. you're probably running around the headquarters like a headless chicken, he thinks, and the thought makes him feel relieved because he's got the whole office to himself. if he doesn't know any better, he'd probably still think that he's the only chief of human resources in bonten.

keyword: if.

the door suddenly slams open, almost knocking rindou off his chair because who the fuck slams the door open? even y/n herself doesn't do that. and he thinks she's a pesky woman.

"we're going out." kokonoi remarks, standing in the doorway with an uninterested look. rindou matches the blonde's indifference, fixing himself while he's slumping on his seat, but not before he sends kokonoi an expression that says okay? obviously, rindou didn't need to know. because as far as he remembers, the executives don't inform each other of their nightly activities, so he finds it weird that koko's suddenly oversharing.