09, world's best boyfriend

⿻ YOU.

since rindou was the one who'd be receiving your gift, you wanted it to be simple. you didn't want it to be too lavish, because he probably won't even use it once he finds out that it came from you. so if you ever get him something too extra and expensive, it'd be a waste of money. and if he was ran, maybe koko or even sanzu, you would've pondered what the best present would be - but unfortunately for him, you won't.

so you settle on offering him a mug. the most common gift for exchange parties and a very useful one. you don't know if he doesn't have one or he's just too picky, but there's a coffee machine back at the company and you never saw him use it. he always frequents that coffee shop next to bonten instead of spending his coffee breaks at the office kitchen. even ran stays there with his blue cat mug.

you don't know where he got it and who he matches with, but you think it's cute.

still, like you said, you didn't want to waste your time on this. because at least you got rindou something, right? plus, it's customized. you ordered it online and you're free to customize the statement of the coffee mug so it's not too dull. the message on the mug would be there every time he uses it (or if he ever would), and then he'd remember that it's from you.

all in all, you think it's a genius present. you'd rate yourself a 5/5.

"- so we have to thank miss l/n y/n for making this party and team building possible." you smile at the crowd, making them erupt in a series of claps. "now, for the exchanging of gifts, let's have her as the first mystery santa."

oh.

you forgot that you're in the middle of ran's speech. your head was immersed with the thoughts about your gift that you lost your senses around you. so, standing up from your seat with a rectangular and wrapped box in your hands, you accepted the microphone that ran was extending towards you.