15, the semi truth comes out

⿻ YOU.

rindou isn't exactly the kindest or the friendliest person around. you've known that ever since your first day, but somehow, the way he's been acting lately feels colder than usual. he talks only when it's absolutely necessary and he leaves the room every time you enter, and if that's not enough to throw you off then maybe the part where he literally regards you as dust will.

not that you want to talk to him, because if anything, this works greatly for you. it's not everyday that he gets to shut up and mind his own business, especially in your presence. it gives you peace to know that his eyes aren't boring circles into your skull, or he's not opening his mouth just to hand out insults like candy – but the fact that this has been going on for about 5 months doesn't sit well with you.

maybe i did something to offend him.

you'd think. as much as you like this newfound peace, you can't help but feel guilty over something that you're not even sure is true. you're pretty sure you don't know rindou as much as the other executives know him, but it's safe to say that you're aware that he won't go acting like this for no reason at all. there must've been some kind of turning point for him to treat you this way because if nothing's happened, then nothing would have changed.

you peer over your computer, sneaking a glance at him as he reads something from his own device, completely focused. his lips were pulled into a tight-lipped frown, his brows were slightly creased and his eyes had no intentions of averting their gaze from whatever they're currently reading. if this were like back then, he would've caught your stare and let out a snarky remark, but this time, it was obvious that he had no plan in doing so.

it's quiet. you've longed for this ever since you stepped foot in bonten, but now it's just unsettling. it's almost like children's silence, one that you're always hoping to ensue, but when it happens, it's just uncomfortable. it's just not right. you've never worked for this long without speaking to each other (albeit it being pointless arguments) so this makes you think that you really must have done something to upset him.