18, i'm not a sore loser

⿻ RINDOU

 RINDOU.

the plane ride to okinawa was smooth sailing in comparison to the rollercoaster-like journey earlier. but that's only because it's unusually quiet even with the presence of bonten executives — rindou guessed it was because everyone's asleep.

or, well, almost everyone. because you're magically not.

he would've asked why are you awake or started a conversation because you're sitting right next to him (which he found out was the other executives' plan) but he pretended to be asleep 30 minutes ago – so if he upped and 'woke up', you'll get suspicious without a doubt.

he didn't want you to ask about the jacket he lent you, or about the bags because all these things were surprisingly new to him, too. he didn't want you to ask because he, himself, is at a loss. was what he's doing right? was it considered as courtship? is he courting you? should he ask first, or should he get on your good side before he makes a move?

he doesn't know. it's all brand new to him and he's aware that none of the executives know what to do in his position, so he could never ask them. all he's really got is sasaki. unfortunately, she wasn't able to come to the resort (rindou offered to buy her tickets and reserve a room) — and that means he's really on his own for the meantime. therefore, he figured not to do anything else that would jeopardize your current relationship with him.

he's going to play it safe. and that's why he thought that he could avoid discussing all the things earlier because you'll be sitting on the opposite side of where his seat was. and although that was the original plan, it never truly happened because  the other executives thought they'd be doing him a favor by occupying all the other seats; leaving him with you.