13, whenever you're ready

⿻ YOU.

it's been a month since the whole almost kissing scenario happened in the office and you haven't talked to rindou properly ever since. you're not completely sure if he's avoiding you or if you were avoiding him, because it's been busy at work. rindou, together with sanzu and ran, were off going to different business trips in europe and the only time they'd come back to bonten is when they need important files. you, along with kakucho and kokonoi, were stuck taking care of company affairs back here at home.

in other words, you're left with whatever work that the first three haven't done or failed to do.

not that you're complaining about the job you're tasked with, but you thought it'd be fun to do some sightseeing in several countries. if they went to europe, then they probably went to france and italy. god knows how much you wanted to step foot in those particular countries.

but it can't be helped. sanzu, even though it really doesn't look like it, is the best when it comes to business negotiations. he's witty and thinks quickly on his feet, so no one can trick him into agreeing with partnerships that could hurt bonten. no one, and you meant no one could ever manipulate sanzu - and that's why despite your earlier curiosity as to why he's one of the COO (because kakucho's usually the one who's running across the halls and giving out orders), you were able to acknowledge him as mikey's second in command. he's efficient in making people run and dance on the palm of his hands.

ran, that undeniable charming rascal, is the best when it comes to marketing strategies. somehow, he knows how to advertise products and manipulate people into buying them, by coaxing them gradually. you could guess that in a single glance because my god, was he a smooth talker. he always knows what to say and when to say it, which makes transactions easier. he will make you believe why you would suddenly need a random object, or why exactly you will ever need a partnership with bonten, even if you don't really. but you've never had any doubts in ran, because with his skills, he rightfully deserves being called the chief marketing officer.